Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic spreadsheet sketched symbol

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mkaltenborn
1320 Views, 6 Replies

iLogic spreadsheet sketched symbol

Hello,

I would like to use a multi-value custom iProperty 'item_finish' in the part or assembly model to drive an iLogic rule.

'item_finish' would be 1-24 from the list.

The part file would have an embedded spreadsheet with column A corresponding to the 'item_finish'.

The spreadsheet would have column B containg long text descriptions of the finish process.

The ilogic rule must take the 'item_finish' number, find the corresponding row and then return the B column cell text to a user parameter 'defined_finish'.

The 'defined_finish' parameter can be called in a sketched symbol to describe the finish.

It appears this is all possible, but I cannot find enough information describing the snipped code requiremnets to accomplish the goal.

All help and advice appreciated,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MjDeck
in reply to: mkaltenborn

Multi-value custom iProperties are not supported.
Are you using Inventor 2011?
Maybe you can use a Text parameter instead of a custom iProperty for item_finish.  Here's a sample part that uses a Text parameter.  It looks up the value of defined_finish and assigns it to a Text parameter (which is not required) and a custom iProperty.
 Here's the rule from the part:
rowNumber = GoExcel.FindRow("3rd Party:Embedding 1", "Sheet1", "item_finish", "=", item_finish)
If (rowNumber <= 0) Then
  MessageBox.Show("item_finish row not found: " & item_finish, "iLogic")
End If
defined_finish =  GoExcel.CurrentRowValue("defined_finish")
iProperties.Value("Custom", "defined_finish") = defined_finish

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
mkaltenborn
in reply to: MjDeck

Mike,

It must take a lot of patience to work this forum. Once I performed the tutorials on iLogic I found most of the answers to my questions. We have a very elegant little solution now. I do have one remaining question however. Is there any way to modify the size of the muti-value window that is presented to the user? 

Again, thank you for your time and patience....perhaps it would be alright to 'from time to time' ask the question; did you do the tutorial? Maybe even RTFM!

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
MjDeck

By multi-value window, do you mean the Value List Editor dialog that pops up when you select Edit Multi-Value List in the Parameters dialog?  If so, then yes you can control its size.  If you resize it once manually it will retain that size the next time you use it.

Or do you mean the drop-down list that you see when you select a value from the list (directly in a cell in the Parameters dialog)?  The size of that drop-down can't be set.  I think it grows to about 25 items, and above that it will give you a scroll bar.  Would you prefer a shorter list, and a scroll bar if you have maybe 10 items or more?  What number would you go with?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
mkaltenborn
in reply to: MjDeck

Please see attached screen shot of dialog box

Message 6 of 7
MjDeck

OK, that's the InputListBox function, called from a rule.  I guess we should provide arguments to set the width and height, and maybe also calculate a better default width to fit the contents.  You can't do it now, but we should be able to provide that in a future version.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
Carthik_Babu

Indirect Method....for easy selection.....
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/iLogic-inputlistbox-Width/td-p/3206050
Carthik Babu M.S, Asst Manager - Machine Building,
Gabriel India Ltd,Hosur, TN, INDIA
Email:carthik_ms@yahoo.co.in ,
https://grabcad.com/carthik-1/projects
"May all beings be happy" http://www.dhamma.org/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report