Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - some basic questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
riftwave
250 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic - some basic questions

I am just starting to delve into iLogic and Forms and have some basic questions:

1. If there are mutliple rules for a part or assembly, how do you figure out or determine which rule a form will run?

2. Can you adjust the 'selectivity' of which rules apply to different forms?

3. Do I have to declare variables before using them (i.e. a counter for a while loop)?

4. What is the proper way to share/pass parameters or variables between the assembly and a component part?  Like linking them?

5. I don't really know VBA, is there a good reference for it?  Particularly how to create and call subroutines or functions

I also have an unrelated questions regaring iparts

6.  When i change the active row for an iPart in an assembly... for some reason it sometimes drops the material/color that I have selected for it.  The appearance selector will still say "Black Cast" (or similar), but the part shows as the generic grey.  What's up with that?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RodrigoEiras
in reply to: riftwave

Good morning,

I will try to answer most of your questions below:

1. If there are mutliple rules for a part or assembly, how do you figure out or determine which rule a form will run?

2. Can you adjust the 'selectivity' of which rules apply to different forms?

When you create the form you can select in the tab "Rules"which rule you want to run. This will create a button that will run that particular rule.

FormRule.JPG

3. Do I have to declare variables before using them (i.e. a counter for a while loop)?

The best practice is to do so, mainly for objects, althought in my experience you won't always get an error message if you don't do it

4. What is the proper way to share/pass parameters or variables between the assembly and a component part?  Like linking them?

I would say the best way is to use a part in the assembly (maybe a part without any geometry) that will contain all the parameters. Also the use of multibody parts makes the parameter sharing very easy, even if you need to access parameters from a drawing.

5. I don't really know VBA, is there a good reference for it?  Particularly how to create and call subroutines or functions

I would say the Programming/API help in Inventor is a very good resource with a lot of examples. You can fin there all objects, properties, methods, etc..

APIhelp.JPG

I also have an unrelated questions regaring iparts

6.  When i change the active row for an iPart in an assembly... for some reason it sometimes drops the material/color that I have selected for it.  The appearance selector will still say "Black Cast" (or similar), but the part shows as the generic grey.  What's up with that?

I can't help you with this one 😞

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report