Valued Contributor
gazadder
Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ilogic Save drawing as inventor dwg

311 Views, 1 Replies
04-24-2012 08:35 AM

Hi,

Is there a way in an inventor drawing rule to do a "save as" which saves the drawing as an Inventor dwg file rather than an AutoCAD dwg file?

The below saves as AutoCAD which is ok but I need the outputted drawing to be linked to the model.

I don't want the code to save the entire assembly as this is done further down the line.

I also don't want to save the current inventor dwg drawing from which the rule is run as this is just a template drawing.

ThisDoc.Document.SaveAs(ThisDoc.Path&"\2D_DRAWINGS\"&iProperties.Value("Custom", "Drawing No.")&" (Rev "&Parameter("BEAUFORT_ARRANGEMENT_3.iam.DRAWING_REVISION_NO")&")"&".DWG", True)

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML:     165 EndHTML:     614 StartFragment:     314 EndFragment:     582 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection:     314
SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

ThisDoc.Document.SaveAsInventorDWG(filename)
Valued Contributor
gazadder
Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)

Re: Ilogic Save drawing as inventor dwg

04-24-2012 08:49 AM in reply to: gazadder

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML:     165 EndHTML:     614 StartFragment:     314 EndFragment:     582 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection:     314
SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

ThisDoc.Document.SaveAsInventorDWG(filename)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.