Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic save copy as autocad dwg (older version)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamieSENG
1070 Views, 3 Replies

ilogic save copy as autocad dwg (older version)

Hi all. Having a problem using ilogic at the moment with an issue that's been with us for some time now. When the company I work for needs to have work outsourced it requires an idw or dwg to be converted to autocad dwg format namely 2000/2000lt. Until I came across ilogic "save as" rule it was a matter of opening each drawing and saving it manually to a folder on my desktop. As you'll imagine it was very time consuming but then out of luck a friend refered me to ilogic and it's save as rule which until now as worked fine. Now the amount of drawings I have to convert are taking me around a day to do (if I'm lucky). Would I be greedy by thinking there's a way around this using ilogic and a larger rule. What would be perfect for me would be a rule alike the "save as" rule that save all active windows in inventor to a sub folder resulting in one "run rule" click as opposed to going through each drawing and running the rule every time.

Or if anyone as found another solution it would be great to hear it.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: JamieSENG

Hi Jamie,

Have you tried adding a trigger to your rule? You can use the event trigger "After Open Document" so everytime you open a drawing it will run the rule automatically. You could even try "Close Document" so when you close the drawing it will run your rule.

Do you know how to add triggers?

Kind Regards

Jo

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
JamieSENG

Thanks for the reply joAnn_Hogan

I'm using a trigger at the moment to prompt for unfilled iProperties before save on my std parts and sheet. It's not quite perfected yet due to it not working with content centre parts. Maybe you could help: ilogic-content centre-iProperties

However the problem with using it with this is that not all drawings need to be converted. The only way I could imagine making it work would be by using "IF" category is "Laser" save copy as DWG. That said, the iProperties of the part don't transfer to the drawing so manually putting the category as laser would need to be done. Also it's only useful then to new drawing I create as the older vaulted drawings won't apply.

Ive attempted to modify the save as rule to include all windows but it doesn't run. I'm beginning to think it's not possible.
Message 4 of 4
JamieSENG

I've moved this post to the inventor customisation section of the forum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report