Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic rules work when run separately, not when called by master

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tschuette
1000 Views, 7 Replies

iLogic rules work when run separately, not when called by master

Hello,

by the friendly help of Dshortway in this forum I got the following code and it works very well with his exporting lines.

But in order to export to different folders I want to run existing external rules.

These three rules do their work, but I don´t know why. I have patched them together from snippets found anywhere in the web.

Certainly they include a lot of unnecessary lines, but they work fine when I start them one by one.

The issue is, that they terminate the loop in the calling rule during the first run-through.

The other problem is, that I am a bloody rooky in programming iLogic and also struggling with English. So I get confused by any code containing more than 5 unknown commands and need your help to fit the other three rules. You find them at the bottom of this page.

Thank you for your patience and good advices.

Best regards

Thomas

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 5679 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 5647 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

For Each oDrwDoc in ThisApplication.documents 
If oDrwDoc.DocumentType=kDrawingDocumentObject Then
oDrwDoc.SaveAs(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ".pdf"), True)'works, but uses same folder as idw
oDrwDoc.SaveAs(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ".dwg"), True)'works, but uses same folder as idw
oDrwDoc.SaveAs(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ".dxf"), True)'works, but uses same folder as idw
' iLogicVb.RunExternalRule("pdf_erstellen")'works just once, then terminates the loop :-(' iLogicVb.RunExternalRule("dwg_erstellen")'works just once, then terminates the loop :-(' iLogicVb.RunExternalRule("dxf_erstellen")'works just once, then terminates the loop :-(
End If
Next

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 16520 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 16488 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'pdf_erstellen 'works just once, then terminates the loop :-(
oPath
= ThisDoc.Path
oFileName = ThisDoc.FileName(False)'without extension
oRevNum = iProperties.Value("Project", "Revision Number")
oPDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")
oDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
oContext = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext
oContext.Type = IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism
oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap
oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium
If oPDFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDataMedium, oContext, oOptions) Then
oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black")=1
oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights")=1
oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution")=400
oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range")=Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintAllSheets
oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet")=1
oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet")=1
End If'get PDF target folder path
oFolder=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))&"PDF"&"\"&ActiveSheet.Size
If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(oFolder) Then
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(oFolder)'Check for the PDF folder and create it if it does not exist
End If'Set the PDF target file name
oDataMedium.FileName=oFolder&"\"&oFileName&_" Rev"&oRevNum&".pdf"'oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & "\" & ActiveSheet.Size & "\" & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & ".pdf"
oPDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish document

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 14115 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 14083 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'dxf_erstellen 'works just once, then terminates the loop :-(
Dim
DXFAddIn As TranslatorAddIn'Get the DXF translator Add-In.
DXFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")
Dim oDocument As Document
oDocument=ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
Dim oContext As TranslationContext
oContext = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.Create
TranslationContext
oContext.Type=IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism
Dim oOptions As NameValueMap' Create a NameValueMap object
Dim oDataMedium As DataMedium' Create a DataMedium object
If DXFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDocument, oContext, oOptions) Then' Check whether the translator has 'SaveCopyAs' options
Dim strIniFile As String
strIniFile="C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\dxf_acad2007.ini"
oOptions.Value("Export_Acad_IniFile")=strIniFile' Create the name-value that specifies the ini file to use.
EndIf
oPath=ThisDoc.Path
oFolder=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))&"DXF\"'get target folder path
IfNotSystem.IO.Directory.Exists(oFolder) Then'Check for the DXF folder and create it if it does not exist
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(oFolder)
EndIf
oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & ThisDoc.FileName & ".acad2007.dxf"'Set the destination file name
DXFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 14394 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 14362 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

'dwg_erstellen 'works just once, then terminates the loop :-(
Dim
DWGAddIn As TranslatorAddIn'Get the DWG translator Add-In.
DWGAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")
Dim oDocument As Document
oDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
Dim oContext As TranslationContext
oContext.Type=IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism
Dim oOptions As NameValueMap' Create a NameValueMap object
Dim oDataMedium As DataMedium' Create a DataMedium object
If DWGAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDocument, oContext, oOptions) Then' Check whether the translator has 'SaveCopyAs' options
Dim strIniFile As String
strIniFile = "C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\dwg_acad2007.ini"
oOptions.Value("Export_Acad_IniFile") = strIniFile' Create the name-value that specifies the ini file to use.
EndIf
oPath=ThisDoc.Path
oFolder=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))&"DWG\"'get target folder pathIfNotSystem.IO.Directory.Exists(oFolder)Then'Check for the DWG folder and create it if it does not exist
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(oFolder)
End If
oDataMedium.FileName=oFolder&ThisDoc.FileName&".acad2007.dwg"'Set the destination file name
DWGAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rossano_praderi
in reply to: tschuette

Hi Thomas,

i've read your post and this solution can be the right one.
If you need help or you have any question about this code, send me a message.
Of course, i forget to tell you have to choose which part of code you like to keep.
The second option is more versatile and complete.

Sub Main
	If oDrwDoc.DocumentType=kDrawingDocumentObject Then 
		' This is a modification of my original code
		oPath = Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oDrwDoc.DisplayName, "") ' This is the folder (ends with "\")

oName = Replace(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ""), oPath, "") ' This is the name of the IDW without extension

' Uncomment this code ************************************************
		'CreateFolder(oPath & "pdf") ' This subroutine check/create the folder
		'oPdf = oPath & "pdf\" & oName & ".pdf" ' Define the file name
		'oDrwDoc.SaveAs(oPdf, True)'works, but uses same folder as idw - Not anymore

'CreateFolder(oPath & "dwg") ' This subroutine check/create the folder
		'oDwg = oPath & "dwg\" & oName & ".dwg" ' Define the file name
		'oDrwDoc.SaveAs(oDwg, True)'works, but uses same folder as idw - Not anymore

'CreateFolder(oPath & "dxf") ' This subroutine check/create the folder
		'oDxf = oPath & "dxf\" & oName & ".dxf" ' Define the file name
		'oDrwDoc.SaveAs(oDxf, True)'works, but uses same folder as idw - Not anymore
		' ********************************************************************
		'or
		' Uncomment this code *************************************************
		' But.... i think this will be you choice <-------------<<<<
		'SaveAsPdf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "pdf")'works, but uses same folder as idw - Not anymore
		'SaveAsDrw(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dwg")'works, but uses same folder as idw - Not anymore
		'SaveAsDrw(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dxf")'works, but uses same folder as idw - Not anymore
		' *********************************************************************
	End If
Next
End Sub

Sub CreateFolder(nFolder As String)
On Error Goto Errore
	If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(nFolder) Then 
    	System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(nFolder)
		Exit Sub
	End If
Errore:
	If Err.number <> 0 Then
		MessageBox.Show(nFolder & vbCr & Err.description, "Error description")
	End If
End Sub

Sub RemoveFile(nFile As String)
On Error Goto Errore
    Dim fi As New System.IO.FileInfo(nFile)
	If Not fi.Exists Then 
    	fi.Delete()
		Exit Sub
	End If
Errore:
	If Err.number <> 0 Then
		MessageBox.Show(nFile & vbCr & Err.description, "Error description")
	End If
End Sub

Sub SaveAsPdf(oDrwName As String, oFileName As String, oFolder As String, oFormat As String)
	Dim oDocument As inventor._Document = ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)
	oPDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")
	oRevNum = "00"
	'oRevNum = iProperties.Value(oDrwName, "Project", "Revision Number")' this give you an error, i'm looking for a solution

For sSheetNumber = 1 To oDocument.Sheets.Count
		CreateFolder(oFolder & oFormat) ' This subroutine check/create the folder
		nFolder = oFolder & oFormat & "\" & oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Size
		CreateFolder(nFolder) ' This subroutine check/create the folder

'sSheetName = Left(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber.tostring).Name, InStr(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":") -1) ' Sheet name without numbering
		sSheetName = Replace(oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":", "-") ' Sheet name with numbering

oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black") = 1
			oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights") = 1
			oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution") = 400
			oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range") = Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintSheetRange
			oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet") = sSheetNumber
			oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet") = sSheetNumber
		End If

oDataMedium.FileName = nFolder & "\" & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & "." & oFormat ' as your requirements
		'oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & sSheetName & "." & oFormat ' a possible variation
		'RemoveFile(oDataMedium.FileName) ' if you like to remove old versions with the same filename
		oPDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium) 'Publish Document
	Next
End Sub

Sub SaveAsDrw(oDrwName As String, oFileName As String, oFolder As String, oFormat As String) 'dwg/dxf_erstellen
	Dim oDocument As inventor._Document = ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)
	oAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")

CreateFolder(oFolder & oFormat) ' This subroutine check/create the folder

If oAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDocument, oContext, oOptions) Then
		strIniFile = "C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\" & oFormat & "_acad2007.ini"
		oOptions.Value("Export_Acad_IniFile") = strIniFile' Create the name-value that specifies the ini file to use. 
	End If

oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & oFormat & "\" & oFileName & ".acad2007." & oFormat ' Set the destination file name as your requirements
	'RemoveFile(oDataMedium.FileName) ' if you like to remove old versions with the same filename
	oAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium) 'Publish Document
End Sub

This is an other link with a simular request (as your information).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/Help-with-PDF-and-folder-creation-with-iLogic/m...

Bregs

Rossano Praderi

--------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution"
button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
---------------
Message 3 of 8

Hi Thomas,

this is the correction for the revision number.

oRevNum = oDocument.PropertySets.Item(1).Item(7).Value ' Solved
	If oRevNum = "" Then oRevNum = "00"

Bregs

Rossano Praderi

---------------
Message 4 of 8
tschuette
in reply to: rossano_praderi

Hi Rossano,

your code works and I also got the correction line in.

Thank you very much.

Please, don´t be angry for the long time it took until I answer.

One reason is, that I am trying to get a job as a project manager for orders of italian customers.

If that really gets to a fortunate result, I will be glad to invite you for a Pizza 🙂

The other reason for the delay is, that there are still some little issues to solve and I am trying to customize your code for that.

Of course that is hard work for me as a rooky. The code is grown up to a respectable size in my eyes.

So, what I am trying to do:

-The destination folders for all exported files should be one level above. This used to happen by

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 2186 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 2154 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 2186 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 2154 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet
oPath=Left(oPath,Len(oPath)-1)'deletes "\" from the end of the string
oPath=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))'cuts string to the right "\"

So I put that into the sub main and got my path 🙂

For the pdf-files I need a folder with 4 subfolders: A0, A1, A3, A4 and I used to get them by activeSheet.size

But you use oDocuments.Sheets.Item(asSheetNumber).Size and I get some funny folders like 9994 and so on. ( ? )

Can I use activeSheet.size there or will this collide with other subs ( e.g. the deleting sub ) ?

Another thing I woory about are the ini-files for dwg- and dxf-export. Even if there is no ini-file in the destinated folder, the exports are made and no error occures. Also some statements in these ini-files are redundant to statements in iLogic rules and I wonder, if I really need an ini-file or separate ini-files for each sheet size. Do you know, what they really do?

I started to manipulate your code, but I fear to fail, because I have to prepare for two weeks of trial work at the company I mentioned.

This contains studies about incinerators and other waste processing stuff.

So I put my provisory code in here and hope, that you or someone else gets it a little bit forward 🙂

Thank you very much and best regards

Thomas

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 47541 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 47509 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

SubMainForEachoDrwDocinThisApplication.documentsIfoDrwDoc.DocumentType=kDrawingDocumentObjectThenoPath=Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oDrwDoc.DisplayName, "")' This is the folder (ends with "\")oPath=Left(oPath,Len(oPath)-1)'deletes "\" from the end of the stringoPath=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))'cuts string to the right "\"oName=Replace(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ""), oPath, "")' This is the name of the IDW without extension'        SaveAsPdf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "pdf")'        SaveAsDrw(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dwg")'        SaveAsDxf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dxf")EndIfNextEnd SubSubCreateFolder(nFolderAsString)OnErrorGotoErroreIfNotSystem.IO.Directory.Exists(nFolder)ThenSystem.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(nFolder)Exit SubEndIfErrore:
    IfErr.number<>0ThenMessageBox.Show(nFolder&vbCr&Err.description, "Error description")EndIfEnd SubSubRemoveFile(nFileAsString)OnErrorGotoErroreDimfiAsNewSystem.IO.FileInfo(nFile)IfNotfi.ExistsThenfi.Delete()Exit SubEndIfErrore:
    IfErr.number<>0ThenMessageBox.Show(nFile&vbCr&Err.description, "Error description")EndIfEnd SubSubSaveAsPdf(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)'oFolder = oFolder & "\" & oFormat & "\" '& ActiveSheet.SizeDimoDocumentAsinventor._Document=ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)oPDFAddIn=ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")oContext=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContextoContext.Type=IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanismoOptions=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMapoDataMedium=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMediumoRevNum=oDocument.PropertySets.Item(1).Item(7).Value' Solved If oRevNum = "" Then oRevNum = "00"ForsSheetNumber=1TooDocument.Sheets.CountCreateFolder(oFolder&oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the foldernFolder=oFolder&oFormat&"\"&oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).SizeCreateFolder(nFolder)' This subroutine check/create the folderMsgBox(nFolder)'sSheetName = Left(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber.tostring).Name, InStr(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":") -1) ' Sheet name without numberingsSheetName=Replace(oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":", "-")' Sheet name with numberingIfoPDFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDataMedium, oContext, oOptions)ThenoOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black")=1oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights")=1oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution")=400oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range")=Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintSheetRangeoOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet")=sSheetNumberoOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet")=sSheetNumberEndIfoDataMedium.FileName=nFolder&"\"&oFileName&" Rev"&oRevNum&"."&oFormat' as your requirements'oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & sSheetName & "." & oFormat ' a possible variation'RemoveFile(oDataMedium.FileName) ' if you like to remove old versions with the same filenameoPDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish DocumentNextEnd SubSubSaveAsDrw(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)'dwg/dxf_erstellenDimoDocumentAsinventor._Document=ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)oAddIn=ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")oContext=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContextoContext.Type=IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanismoOptions=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMapoDataMedium=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMediumCreateFolder(oFolder&oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the folderIfoAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDocument, oContext, oOptions)ThenstrIniFile="C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\"&oFormat&"_acad2007.ini"oOptions.Value("Export_Acad_IniFile")=strIniFile' Create the name-value that specifies the ini file to use. EndIfoDataMedium.FileName=oFolder&oFormat&"\"&oFileName&".acad2007."&oFormat' Set the destination file name as your requirements'RemoveFile(oDataMedium.FileName) ' if you like to remove old versions with the same filenameoAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish DocumentEnd Sub

Message 5 of 8
rossano_praderi

Hi Thomas,
@tschuette wrote:

Hi Rossano,

your code works and I also got the correction line in.

Thank you very much.

You are welcome!

Please, don´t be angry for the long time it took until I answer.

One reason is, that I am trying to get a job as a project manager for orders of italian customers.

If that really gets to a fortunate result, I will be glad to invite you for a Pizza 🙂

Thank you, I usually work with a company who has their headquarter in Germany (wierd coincidence!)

The other reason for the delay is, that there are still some little issues to solve and I am trying to customize your code for that.

Of course that is hard work for me as a rooky. The code is grown up to a respectable size in my eyes.

So, what I am trying to do:

-The destination folders for all exported files should be one level above. This used to happen by

oPath=Left(oPath,Len(oPath)-1)'deletes "\" from the end of the string
oPath=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))'cuts string to the right "\"

So I put that into the sub main and got my path 🙂

For the pdf-files I need a folder with 4 subfolders: A0, A1, A3, A4 and I used to get them by activeSheet.size

But you use oDocuments.Sheets.Item(asSheetNumber).Size and I get some funny folders like 9994 and so on. ( ? )

This is the comments that I have been using in my code 

' Inventor.DrawingSheetSizeEnum convertable with sheet size Ex.A4, A2, etc.

As you know this Enumerator, in this spesific case, identifies by a number the dimension of the format size.

The utilization of "Select ... case ... End Select" statement is an easy solution for solving this problem.

I will insert the correction of the code in the one I already have posted.

Can I use activeSheet.size there or will this collide with other subs ( e.g. the deleting sub ) ?

I'm considering this Ilogic rule as an external rule, as not embedded in your drawings, you know what i mean.

If you insert "activeSheet.size" this will return the size of the active sheet (what you see) and you will never be able to connect with the hidden sheets underneth.

This is a really basic explanation, but the argument could be more extensive.

By using an embedded rule or an external rule you have to adapt the code.
If you are using an embedded rule you can use the Ilogics statements to get informations about the document where reside your rule.
If you use an external rule (where you control more then one document) you have to access to informations of all the documents you are suppose to work with.
This statement will assign the document by the Application object "Dim oDocument As inventor._Document =
ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)", in this way you got the document control independently by its state(active/inactive).
The follow statement assign the Active document within the Ilogic workspace "oDoc = ThisDoc", the document should be active (same as for the sheets).

Another thing I woory about are the ini-files for dwg- and dxf-export. Even if there is no ini-file in the destinated folder, the exports are made and no error occures. Also some statements in these ini-files are redundant to statements in iLogic rules and I wonder, if I really need an ini-file or separate ini-files for each sheet size. Do you know, what they really do?

You can use the "Select ... Case ... End Select" statement for your file names. as you know, .INI files contain some settings for the file format convertion (Lines type, colors mapping, grouping, dimensions, etc.). If you need help for particulare options, you can ask.

I started to manipulate your code, but I fear to fail, because I have to prepare for two weeks of trial work at the company I mentioned.

This contains studies about incinerators and other waste processing stuff.

So I put my provisory code in here and hope, that you or someone else gets it a little bit forward 🙂

How nice are you 😉 You have posted an unreadable code, please publish a more clear code (which "editor" are you using?).
If you like to have a response to yours question you should publish readable code, otherwise you will have very few responses, you know what i mean.

Thank you very much and best regards

Thomas

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 47541 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 47509 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

SubMainForEachoDrwDocinThisApplication.documentsIfoDrwDoc.DocumentType=kDrawingDocumentObjectThenoPath=Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oDrwDoc.DisplayName, "")' This is the folder (ends with "\")oPath=Left(oPath,Len(oPath)-1)'deletes "\" from the end of the stringoPath=Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))'cuts string to the right "\"oName=Replace(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ""), oPath, "")' This is the name of the IDW without extension'        SaveAsPdf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "pdf")'        SaveAsDrw(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dwg")'        SaveAsDxf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dxf")EndIfNextEnd SubSubCreateFolder(nFolderAsString)OnErrorGotoErroreIfNotSystem.IO.Directory.Exists(nFolder)ThenSystem.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(nFolder)Exit SubEndIfErrore:
    IfErr.number<>0ThenMessageBox.Show(nFolder&vbCr&Err.description, "Error description")EndIfEnd SubSubRemoveFile(nFileAsString)OnErrorGotoErroreDimfiAsNewSystem.IO.FileInfo(nFile)IfNotfi.ExistsThenfi.Delete()Exit SubEndIfErrore:
    IfErr.number<>0ThenMessageBox.Show(nFile&vbCr&Err.description, "Error description")EndIfEnd SubSubSaveAsPdf(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)'oFolder = oFolder & "\" & oFormat & "\" '& ActiveSheet.SizeDimoDocumentAsinventor._Document=ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)oPDFAddIn=ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}")oContext=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContextoContext.Type=IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanismoOptions=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMapoDataMedium=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMediumoRevNum=oDocument.PropertySets.Item(1).Item(7).Value' Solved If oRevNum = "" Then oRevNum = "00"ForsSheetNumber=1TooDocument.Sheets.CountCreateFolder(oFolder&oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the foldernFolder=oFolder&oFormat&"\"&oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).SizeCreateFolder(nFolder)' This subroutine check/create the folderMsgBox(nFolder)'sSheetName = Left(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber.tostring).Name, InStr(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":") -1) ' Sheet name without numberingsSheetName=Replace(oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":", "-")' Sheet name with numberingIfoPDFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDataMedium, oContext, oOptions)ThenoOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black")=1oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights")=1oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution")=400oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range")=Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintSheetRangeoOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet")=sSheetNumberoOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet")=sSheetNumberEndIfoDataMedium.FileName=nFolder&"\"&oFileName&" Rev"&oRevNum&"."&oFormat' as your requirements'oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & sSheetName & "." & oFormat ' a possible variation'RemoveFile(oDataMedium.FileName) ' if you like to remove old versions with the same filenameoPDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish DocumentNextEnd SubSubSaveAsDrw(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)'dwg/dxf_erstellenDimoDocumentAsinventor._Document=ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)oAddIn=ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")oContext=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContextoContext.Type=IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanismoOptions=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMapoDataMedium=ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMediumCreateFolder(oFolder&oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the folderIfoAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDocument, oContext, oOptions)ThenstrIniFile="C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\"&oFormat&"_acad2007.ini"oOptions.Value("Export_Acad_IniFile")=strIniFile' Create the name-value that specifies the ini file to use. EndIfoDataMedium.FileName=oFolder&oFormat&"\"&oFileName&".acad2007."&oFormat' Set the destination file name as your requirements'RemoveFile(oDataMedium.FileName) ' if you like to remove old versions with the same filenameoAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish DocumentEnd Sub

May you post your clear code, Thks.
Bregs
Rossano Praderi

---------------
Message 6 of 8
tschuette

Hello Rossano,

sorry, sorry for that bad posting. That happened because I was too tired.

I didn't use a defined editor, just copied ( from the iLogic window ) and pasted ( to the site editor window ).

Somehow these two don´t like each other. I have had this effekt of missing linefeeds and spaces when I fetched your code from here 😐

So I have to fill in these structuring characters manually and hope, not to skip too many of them uncorrected.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards

Thomas

Sub Main

If oDrwDoc.DocumentType = kDrawingDocumentObject Then

oPath = Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oDrwDoc.DisplayName, "")' This is the folder (ends with "\")

oPath = Left(oPath,Len(oPath)-1)'deletes "\" from the end of the string

oPath = Left(oPath, InStrRev(oPath, "\"))'cuts string to the right "\"

oName = Replace(Replace(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, ".idw", ""), oPath, "")' This is the name of the IDW without extension

' SaveAsPdf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "pdf")' SaveAsDrw(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dwg")

' SaveAsDxf(oDrwDoc.FullFileName, oName, oPath, "dxf")

End If

Next

End Sub

Sub CreateFolder(nFolderAsString)

On Error Goto Errore

If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(nFolder) Then

System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(nFolder)

Exit Sub

End If

Errore: If Err.number <> 0 Then

MessageBox.Show(nFolder & vbCr & Err.description, "Error description")

End If

End Sub

Sub RemoveFile(nFileAsString)

On Error Goto Errore

Dim fi As NewSystem.IO.FileInfo(nFile)

If Not fi.Exists Then

fi.Delete()

Exit Sub

End If

Errore: If Err.number <> 0 Then

MessageBox.Show(nFile&vbCr&Err.description, "Error description")

End If

End Sub

Sub SaveAsPdf(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)

'oFolder = oFolder & "\" & oFormat & "\" '& ActiveSheet.Size

oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.Create

NameValueMapoDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium

oRevNum = oDocument.PropertySets.Item(1).Item(7).Value' Solved

CreateFolder(oFolder&oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the folder

nFolder = oFolder & oFormat & "\" & oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).SizeCreateFolder(nFolder)' This subroutine check/create the folder

'MsgBox(nFolder)

'sSheetName = Left(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber.tostring).Name, InStr(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":") -1) ' Sheet name without numberings

SheetName = Replace(oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":", "-")' Sheet name with numbering

EndIf

oDataMedium.FileName = nFolder &"\" & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & "." & oFormat' as your requirements

'oDataMedium.FileName = oFolder & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & sSheetName & "." & oFormat ' a possible variation

oPDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish Document

Next

End Sub

Sub SaveAsDrw(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)'dwg/dxf_erstellen

Dim oDocument As inventor._Document=ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)

oAddIn=ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")

oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMediumCreateFolder(oFolder&oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the folder

strIniFile="C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\"&oFormat&"_acad2007.ini"

End If

oDataMedium.FileName=oFolder&oFormat&"\"&oFileName&".acad2007."&oFormat' Set the destination file name as your requirements

oAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish

Message 7 of 8
rossano_praderi

Hi Thomas,

i've added the "Select Case" constructor as example to convert the "DrawingSheetSizeEnum Enumerator" into readable sheet sizes.

If you have any question, I'm there.

Sub SaveAsPdf(oDrwName As String, oFileName As String, oFolder As String, oFormat As String)
	'oFolder = oFolder & "\" & oFormat & "\" '& ActiveSheet.Size
	oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.Create
	NameValueMapoDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium
	oRevNum = oDocument.PropertySets.Item(1).Item(7).Value' Solved
		CreateFolder(oFolder & oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the folder
		' you find these informations in the develolpers guide of Inventor (?)
		'		kA0DrawingSheetSize 9993 A0 size (typically For metric units). 
		'		kA1DrawingSheetSize 9994 A1 size (typically For metric units). 
		'		kA2DrawingSheetSize 9995 A2 size (typically For metric units). 
		'		kA3DrawingSheetSize 9996 A3 size (typically For metric units). 
		Select Case oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Size
			Case 9993
				oSize = "A0"
			Case 994
				oSize = "A1"
			Case 995
				oSize = "A2"
			Case 996
				oSize = "A3"
			Case Else
				oSize = "OutSize"
		End Select
		nFolder = oFolder & oFormat & "\" & oSize

CreateFolder(nFolder)' This subroutine check/create the folder
		'MsgBox(nFolder)
		'sSheetName = Left(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber.tostring).Name, InStr(oDrawing.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":") -1) ' Sheet name without numberings
		SheetName = Replace(oDocument.Sheets.Item(sSheetNumber).Name, ":", "-")' Sheet name with numbering
		End If
		oDataMedium.FileName = nFolder & "\" & oFileName & " Rev" & oRevNum & "." & oFormat' as your requirements
		oPDFAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish Document
	Next
End Sub

Sub SaveAsDrw(oDrwNameAsString, oFileNameAsString, oFolderAsString, oFormatAsString)'dwg/dxf_erstellen
	Dim oDocument As inventor._Document=ThisApplication.documents.itembyname(oDrwName)
	oAddIn=ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById("{C24E3AC4-122E-11D5-8E91-0010B541CD80}")
	oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMediumCreateFolder(oFolder & oFormat)' This subroutine check/create the folder
		' if you like to include the format size (A0, A1, etc) check within the SaveAsPdf() subroutine
		strIniFile="C:\_Thomas\INVENTOR_Projekte\Templates\" & oFormat & "_acad2007.ini"
	End If
	oDataMedium.FileName=oFolder & oFormat & "\" & oFileName & ".acad2007." & oFormat' Set the destination file name as your requirements
	oAddIn.SaveCopyAs(oDocument, oContext, oOptions, oDataMedium)'Publish
End Sub

Ps: By posting your code, please use this botton  you will find it on the menu bar, this should preserve the code formatting.

Bregs

Rossano Praderi

---------------
Message 8 of 8
tschuette

Hello Rossano,

I thank you very much for your programming. Now it is running best 🙂

Also your hint about the c-button is very useful. I should have known earlier ...

Now I can study with the details of your code while waiting for the companies call.

( They announced to tell me the beginning of the test-working at the beginning of this week. )

Maybe there will arouse some more questions 😉

Have a nice day

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report