Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Rule

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DeerSpotter
360 Views, 6 Replies

iLogic Rule

Hey ppl,

What kind of Ilogic rule would i need to add file name of .dwg in inventor to iproperties > part number?

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DeerSpotter
in reply to: DeerSpotter

Could somebody help me with this pleeeeeeeeeease?
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 3 of 7
jddickson

I’m not 100 percent sure what you are asking for. If you want a custom iProperty that has the same name as your dwg or model file name you can us the code below.

iProperties.Value("Custom", "PROPERTY NAME") = iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")

Where is says PROPERTY NAME just fill in your custom property name.

I hope this helps.

Message 4 of 7
DeerSpotter
in reply to: jddickson

i want the propery name to automatically be the file name. The filenames change dynamically through other rules and vault when we do a copy design.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 5 of 7
jddickson

I think this is what you need but i'm still not sure

Hope this helps

Doc_Name = ThisDoc.FileName
PartNumber = iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")

iProperties.Value("Custom", "PROPERTY NAME") = "" & Doc_Name & "-" & PartNumber & ""

Message 6 of 7
jddickson

This might be it to:

iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number") = ThisDoc.FileName
Message 7 of 7
DeerSpotter

this works! Thank you all for your help.

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report