Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Rule to delete all rules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bmerton
1480 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic Rule to delete all rules

This is with reference to this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/how-to-use-ilogic-rule-to-delete-rules-and...

There seems to be some really useful code for deleting all iLogic rules, but I can't get it to work smoothly.

It starts, deletes a few rules, then stops, gives and error saying either this:

Edit Rule

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Or this:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Inventor.PartFeatures'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{DA33F1A5-7C3F-11D3-B794-0060B0F159EF}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

It is doing it before the same rules each time, but I can't see why this is being treated differently at all.  Then if I press okay/continue, it jumps ahead and deletes itself.

Any ideas on the possible root cause of this perplexing situation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bretrick30
in reply to: bmerton

I have used a tool called CodeInjector by Megajerk.  I have found it extremely useful for deleting iLogic rules and also injecting new iLogic rules and having them run automatically.  The best part is you can run it with a batch of files.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/02/injecting-ilogic-code-and-ilogic-event-tri...

Message 3 of 3
lesmfunk
in reply to: bretrick30

Yes Code Injector is great. I used it for a batch of almost 1200 .ipt files, and it worked without a hitch!!

Thanks MegaJerk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report