Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic question? exporting data?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Infallable
212 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic question? exporting data?

I know virtually nothing of iLogic,  but I am trying to make an informed decision as to whether my company could benefit from iLogic training.  We tend to design things to customer specs,  (i.e. every design we create is nothing like the last) so there is very little we can utilise in terms of creating standard basic templates for designs using iLogic.

However,  If we can create rules that allow us to export or access certain data very quickly,  then iLogic would be very useful.

My question is this;

Is it possible (within an assembly file) to create a rule within iLogic that allows the user to create or access a list of .ipt files that have certain properties, for example:

If I wanted to access a list of all members of a certain type within a frame assembly, (i.e,  from a top level assembly I want to quickly access all Ø508 X 12.5 TUBULAR so that I can quickly compile an overall total  length of the Ø508 tubular

or

I want to quickly access all .ipt files that have the same value for a custom iproperty that I have created (i.e. the custom property is 10thk plt, 20thk plt, etc.)

I’ll be very shocked (and very happy) if this is possible!

thanks in advance for your answers.

please let me know if you need clarification on the above points.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Infallable

I'm certain some ilogic could be created to make this work, but I think you can do what you want with Inventor's BOM editor tools. Here's a link that might get you started:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/03/understanding-autodesk-inventor-frame.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report