Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic NOOB: place iLogic component or iParts?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ARFAFR
285 Views, 0 Replies

iLogic NOOB: place iLogic component or iParts?

Hello, I am pretty new to inventor and iLogic in general, I've just started to experiment...

My aim is to create a flexible subassembly file of a weldment to be used more than once within a top assembly, and then change parameters and features of the various weldments (and of its "part" components) running a rule in the top assemly.

My problem is that I would like to change parameters "freely" (instead of using a preexisting table, like in iParts) and, especially, to be able to modify common feature of all the weldments by modifing one single file without having to replace/regenerate all the weldments in the top assembly. 

What I really want is to modify independently multiple istances of the same weldment/parts, but obviously this cannot be done. What's the simplest workaround? Using iParts and iAssemblies and then modifying the table with iLogic with the exact values I want, or generating/placing all the weldments in the top assmebly with a specific rule using "place iLogic component"?

thank you, and sorry if my question is not clear

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report