Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILogic help needed!

41 REPLIES 41
SOLVED
Message 1 of 42
Infoseeker
5185 Views, 41 Replies

ILogic help needed!

Is it possible to have iLogic rule create parts lists out of View Representations?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/View-representation-parts-list-error/m-p/3606706/hig...

41 REPLIES 41
Message 41 of 42
Tranquill
in reply to: stephengibson76

@stephengibson76 wrote:

Many thanks to all contributers as always...  the code works well to do what it does but if you are dropping these views and parts lists onto idw's, each time you run the rule on a different view rep in the assemble it changes the occurances of the previous view rep so your data on the idw is wrong again...

i may be missing something but i am after, (the same as the original post)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/View-representation-parts-list-error/m-p/3606706/hig...

Im guesing this is not possible still without using the dreaded iassemblies or splitting the original assembly into lots of sub assemblies

Hi all, 

I have the same issue, I am making a door frame which I can use for both a swing and sliding door.

The main frame set-up is usable for both but some parts are specific to the versions and of course the parts for a swing door should not show up in the sliding door BOM and vice versa.
What I would like is to have a seperation between the 2 preferably not using the LOD, so that I can use this one assembly for both versions but the BOM of the doors displaying the correct parts.
But I find this very unreliable because everytime I run this rule the part list in the DWG is updated to the one which is active in the IAM itself.

We are a few years further now is there a proper solution found in the meantime?

Kind regards,

Aram.

Message 42 of 42

Kudos, for this rule it is working fine in the assembly itself !!

But I have a situation where this rule is in one assembly and when I am placing this assembly in one level up (top) assembly, and when this rule is triggered in sub-assembly, it is giving error.

If this answer has solved your problem please ACCEPT SOLUTION and hit like if you found it helpful..!

Regards,
Dutt Thakar
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report