Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 11 of 12 (80 Views)

Re: iLogic Help needed

08-18-2012 09:05 PM in reply to: theo.bot

theo.bot wrote:

Maybe it's easier to use a datamangement tool for this like Vault.

Theo

Agreed. If you're trying to prevent users from working on files that other users may be actively working on, then your best bet would be to go on and grab Vault so that you can incorporate a nice check in / check out into your work flow. 

If that isn't your goal, perhaps you can explain in a bit (or a lot) more detail, about what you're trying to do, and why. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, -
as it increases my power levels and will eventually help to elevate me towards outer space.

Check out my iLogic injection tool here : http://goo.gl/ce1Qg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Contributor
gcooper79
Message 12 of 12 (55 Views)

Re: iLogic Help needed

09-03-2012 03:31 AM in reply to: MegaJerk

I agree that vault would solve the issue.  However, the company has not yet installed Vault and the department that has the user issue are not too keen on using Vault anyway.  I think they have solved the problem by  sacking the user anyway :smileywink:

thanks for all your help.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.