Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLOGIC for part iProperty Prompt

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
nandakumar.hegde
2754 Views, 11 Replies

iLOGIC for part iProperty Prompt

hi,

I am trying to find an ilogic for part proparty entry as soon as I create new part/assy.

I know it is possible by Event triger-> New Document . Can anybody  help??.

Thanks in advance,

Nandakumar

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

What property do you want it to fill out?

and what version of Inventor are you on?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 12

hello Mark,

Thanks for reply.

I want to add Project, Summary and some custom iproperty. If you have a code, please send me since I am not familier with programming.

S/W:

Inventor-2011

Windows -7 64bit

Message 4 of 12

Well 2011 sums it up for me a little on this one.

With 2012 you can have a Form pop up and ask you to fill these out.  With 2011 you have a lot more work to get the same result.

You might want to look into iPropWiz to do this for you.  It would be easier than making your own .dll form and the cost is pretty cheap.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 12

This quick part file I made for you has Project and all of the Summary tab iprops. I did not add any custom iprop as you did not specify. It is easy to add. Simply edit the iLogic Form. There is no programming knowledge needed. The Event Trigger is set to New Doc so you will need to place this in your templates folder if you want it to run when starting a new file (from template). Otherwise you can run the Form manually by simply clicking on it. Obviously you would need the iLogic Browser visible.

Edit - Oops!! I didn't realize you were on 2011 Inv. That sucks (as far as flexibility with iLogic goes). However at least you're using a more stable build than 2013 haha!

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 6 of 12
mflayler2
in reply to: kwilson_design

I don't think that will work for him since 2011 didn't have Forms directly tie in.

Message 7 of 12
kwilson_design
in reply to: mflayler2

I know. I didn't realize he was on 2011 ATT. I was editing my post as you typed this hehe

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 8 of 12
schae235
in reply to: kwilson_design

if you want the ilogic code is pretty basic to do this.  Depending on how fancy you want to get the code you'll want to use is pretty much:

iproperties.value("tab", "iproperty")=inputbox("prompt","title","default")

Example:

iProperties.value("Project", "Part Number") = InputBox("What is the Part Number", "Part Number", "Enter the part number here")

I am sure there is a more efficient way to do this for all the parameters you want (maybe the inputlistbox command?, or even a form in 2012) but this should get you rolling. 

INV 2012 SP1
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI FirePro V5800
14.0 GB RAM
Message 9 of 12

hello,

I got it Pelase find the below code.

'SUMMARY
iProperties.Value("Summary", "Title")=InputBox("Enter the title","ilogic",Title)

iProperties.Value("Summary", "Subject")=InputBox("Enter Second Line Description","ilogic",Subject)

'PROJECT
iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")=InputBox("Enter the Part Number","ilogic", PartNo )
iProperties.Value("Project", "Project") = InputBox("Enter the Project Number", "ilogic", ProjectNo)
iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number") = InputBox("Enter W2T Number", "ilogic", StockNumber)
iProperties.Value("Project", "Description")=InputBox("Enter Discription", "ilogic",Description)

'CUSTOM PROPERTY
iProperties.Value("Custom", "DIST A")=InputBox("Enter Unit","ilogic",DISTA)

Next question is how to bring all this prompt entry in one window, any suggestion, highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Nanda

Message 10 of 12

I don't know of any other way other than creating a DLL form and loading it with code.  That is why we hoped you were on 2012 🙂

To reitterate though, if you want a lot more control over a lot of things as well as what this thread is about you really should check out iPropWiz for Inventor.

Message 11 of 12
nandakumar.hegde
in reply to: schae235

excellent... it works on inventor 2011

Message 12 of 12

Hi nandakumar.hegde

As Mark mentioned you'd need to create custom dialog box for this in Inventor 2011. If you use the Wizards tab in the iLogic Edit Rule dialog box, it will help you set this up.

Also, you might use this line to present the user with the iProperties dialog box:

'open iProperty dialog box for review
ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("AppiPropertiesWrapperCmd").Execute

You might use it to check for empty fields when saving the file also. Something such as this:

If iProperties.Value("Project", "Description")= "" Then
MessageBox.Show("Please enter a Description (hint look on the Project tab) ", "ilogic")
'open iProperty dialog box for review 
ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("AppiPropertiesWrapperCmd").Execute
Else 
End if

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report