Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic for converting dimensions imperial to metric form

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
linuskotte
342 Views, 2 Replies

ilogic for converting dimensions imperial to metric form

ilogic for converting dimensions imperial to metric form in sketch, part and assembly level

Hi,

I have one task in this total models(parts and assemblies) having imperial dimensions but customer wants total dimensions in metric form with rounded value.

mean while all the dimensions directly convert to metric form dimensions are having many decimal places but customer wants ronded value like for example <1.5 is 2  and >1.5 is 1  like this. one more example is 2.56 is 3 and 2.46 is 2 like this.

for this problem any ilogic or macros  is possible ?

Please help me?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

LINUS KOTTE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: linuskotte

Please set modeling display precision in Tools -> Option -> Documents setting -> Unit -> Modeling demension display for Linear and Angular. Picture attached.

Xun
Message 3 of 3
linuskotte
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

hi thankyou for ur reply

this is not for a solution .

ur idea is just change the precision value not dimension right?

but i need change the total dimension value.

like run the ilogic or macro in particular assembly or part in that all sketch units first convert imperial to metric after that convert all the dimensions changed to rounded value like more than 2.51 is 2 less than 2.49 is 2.

better understanding is after convrting imperial to metric  all the numbers having few decimal places so i dont want that extra decimal values i need rounded value like 10.8 is 11 and 100.4 is 100 like this.

briefly more than .5 is 1 and less than .5 is 0.

i think your getting my point right?

Regards,

LINUS KOTTE 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report