Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 11 of 12 (184 Views)

Re: iLogic Excel date problem

01-07-2013 01:02 PM in reply to: jamjumpin

Hi jamjumpin,

Here are some quick answers to your questions, you might need to dig a bit for a more complete answer, but hopefully this will help.

Q: How do I get it to match the international form of the date instead of the US one?

A: see this link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/iLogic-Date-format/m-p/2720101#M379538 3

You might also search here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120

Q: s there a way to just read the excel file instead of using the open command? Everytime I run the command I get the following message, even when it isn't open.

A: I'm not aware of a way to do this without opening Excel in the background. But I suspect if you look at your task manager you might see that an instance of Excel running in the background. I see this often when I'm testing iLogic/Excel code and error out in the midst of it. If you kill the process for this phantom instance of Excel, you shouldn't see this issue.

Q: Is there a way to stop it asking the following message at the end of the rule too?

A:

GoExcel.DisplayAlerts = False

Q: The final thing is that sometimes I get the following error when I run the rule. If I don't change anything and run the rule again it works fine. Any ideas?

A: I don't really have a good guess on this, but it might occur if you've errored out on the previous run of the rule without the rule completing?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Valued Contributor
jamjumpin
Message 12 of 12 (166 Views)

Re: iLogic Excel date problem

01-08-2013 05:29 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you once again for your answers. I found the date post that you mentioned but I'm not sure where to put it. 

I put it in here but it returns an error. I wish there were more tutorials on iLogic becasue I just feel so helpless. 

Dim myArrayList As New ArrayList
For rowCheck = 2 To 1000
	Dim myCell  As Double
	myCell = GoExcel.CellValue("A" & rowCheck)
	Dim myDate As DateTime.Now.ToString("d")
	myDate = Date.FromOADate(myCell) 
	Dim curDate As String
	curDate = DateString 
	If myDate = curDate Then
	sDescription = GoExcel.CellValue("B" & rowCheck) 
	myArrayList.add(sDescription) 
	End If
Next

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.