Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Event Triggers stopped working?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
LT.Rusty
1394 Views, 14 Replies

iLogic Event Triggers stopped working?

So the other day I set up an external rule and created an event trigger to run the rule on save.  It worked great ... for a couple days, and then it just stopped working yesterday.  I can still run the rule manually and it works fine, but it doesn't seem to run automatically anymore on file save.  Yes, iLogic is set to Loaded / Automati in the add-ins panel.

Anyone have any ideas what's happening?

(on the iLogic rule attachment, remove .TXT from the end.  I had to add that due to the board's rules about file types.)

Rusty

EESignature

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
cwhetten
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Huh.  I'm not sure why it would do that to you.  I tried it out and it seems to work as designed.  The rule triggers before file save.

I tested it on 2014, for what it's worth (I don't have 2013).  Any other strange observations / settings / symptoms?  I'm stumped.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 3 of 15
LT.Rusty
in reply to: cwhetten

The only odd thing about my Inventor installation is that I've got the Thread Modeler add-in from the App Exchange, and I've got MecSoft's VisualXPORT add-in as well.  Both of those were installed before I set up the iLogic in the first place, though.

I've rebooted, restarted Inventor, everything.  No idea what the problem is.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
cwhetten

Are you absolutely sure that the rule isn't running?  Maybe it is, but the parameter value isn't updating, or maybe even the part mass isn't updating.

To see for sure if the rule is running, try adding this line to your rule:

MessageBox.Show("Rule triggered successfully, my friend.", "Weight Parameter Rule")

This will pop up a message box with an OK button.  If so, you know the rule is running, if not, you know the rule hasn't been triggered properly.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 5 of 15
LT.Rusty

Yep, it's not running.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
cwhetten

I can't fathom why that would stop working.  Did you install any new Autodesk updates in the last couple of days?  Any new applications?  Any windows updates?  Any other changes to your computer? 

Is your external rules folder located on a network, or your local drive?

Try saving your external rule as .txt type instead of .iLogicVb type.  Just a wild guess, but it's something to try...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 7 of 15
LT.Rusty

@cwhetten wrote:

I can't fathom why that would stop working.  Did you install any new Autodesk updates in the last couple of days?  Any new applications?  Any windows updates?  Any other changes to your computer? 

Is your external rules folder located on a network, or your local drive?

Try saving your external rule as .txt type instead of .iLogicVb type.  Just a wild guess, but it's something to try...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

No new applications, no new updates from either microsoft or Autodesk.  No hardware changes.

External rules are located on my local hard drive, in my workspace.

I'll try the .TXT extension instead of .iLogicVb.  We'll see what happens, I guess ...

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
LT.Rusty

Well, today it's working.

No changes made to anything.  I didn't even shut down my workstation last night - I had it calculating a particularly lengthy toolpath, and just let it go after I went home for the day.  Come in this morning, open up a file and save it ... and BOOM, I get a popup that tells me that the rule was run successfully.

No idea what happened or why, but I'm not going to complain about it too much!

Rusty

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
cwhetten

Wow.  That's incredibly strange.

I'm glad it's working for you now!

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 10 of 15
MegaJerk

it makes me wonder if at some point the Event Triggers were turned off. If it ever happens again, check to make sure that this box is checked : http://i.imgur.com/8jd817a.png

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 11 of 15
LT.Rusty
in reply to: MegaJerk

Yeah, I checked that.  It was checked.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
itjelta

This happens to me when I have a idw file open with the assembly/part (that has iLogic triggers.)

When I close the IDW, the triggers work again (inv2014)

Message 13 of 15
mrattray

Are you familiar with the behaviour of the check box MegaJerk mentioned? It's a deceiving option as it looks like a document setting but, is actually an application setting in document setting's clothes.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 14 of 15
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mrattray

Incidentally, it appears that this was a transient issue.  I haven't had it pop up again since I posted about it last.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
iUser
in reply to: MegaJerk

Thanks Mega Jerk, your picture saved me a lot of time! I had exactly the same problem and this picture solved my problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report