Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
phillip.shields
261 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic Error

Has anyone seen this error or how to fix it.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wimann
in reply to: phillip.shields

Sounds like you're trying to reference a custom iProperty called "OldName" in your iLogic code that doesn't exist. I'm assuming that if that were the case, you would have come to that conclusion as well. But without seeing your iLogic code and understanding it's purpose, it's difficult to know what might be wrong other than that.

Any chance I could look at the code? There are probably those one here who may be able to tell you what's wrong without seeing it. Do you refer to a property called "OldName" in your code?

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 4
phillip.shields
in reply to: wimann

I fixed it. This problem was strange because the solution required me to remove all of my content center parts for some reason. The "OldName" parameter was there in all of my parts(except content center) I still don't know why it was having trouble finding it because I've used this code on assemblies with Content Center parts before and had no problems.. The purpose of the code was to copy design an assembly along with all of its subsequent drawings to another folder. If I run into this problem again down the road I will post again but for now it works. Thanks for the reply though.

Message 4 of 4
wimann
in reply to: phillip.shields

Glad that I could be of some help.

If I may ask, do you use autodesk vault? Vault has a feature that allows you to do what you're wanting to do quite easily. I would presume that if you have vault, you know about it since you explicitly said "copy design" which is the name of the command. Is there a reason that you wouldn't want to use the tool in vault? Are you, perhaps, trying to recreate the tool so that it can be more easily accessed?

Just kind of curious.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report