Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic error help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
457 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic error help

Hello everyone,

When I run the iLogic rule I wrote, there is a error box pop-up. The ilogic rule worked for a while but after we tried to load in a xml file the error started showing up. I have also attached the simple rule I have for the "parameter" I was wondering if anybody know I could I fix this. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sophia

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

We'll need a lot more information in order to help you. The best thing to do would be to upload your files, or a simplified version that illustrates the issue.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
wimann

Matt is right. More information would be beneficial. However, if I had to guess:

Am I right when I assume that you set this up with User Parameters first? Meaning that you set up E_Length, thermowellLength, and Lagwhateveritwascalled in the assembly and pushed those parameters to the parts? Now you've added a spreadsheet that runs E_Length and the others? So your E_Length parameter is set to equal the E_Length input in the spreadsheet? I guess one thing worth mentioning that is probably not the issue would be does the parameter in your spreadsheet have the same name as the parameter in your assembly? I doubt that it is and I'm not testing any of this while I'm thinking about it but I would imagine that if your spreadsheet and your assembly both had exactly "E_Length", that that could cause problems. If so, I'd rename the parameter in the assembly to something like "E_Length1". If that is not it, I would imagine that somewhere along the lines, inventor is having trouble with updating your parts/assembly while bouncing the parameter from the spreadsheet, into a user param, and then down into the part file. I would suggest you get rid of the user parameter. When you import a spreadsheet, the parameters are automatically created and immediately available. I would just use those parameters and skip the assembly user parameters all together. Your iLogic code might look something like this:

Parameter("myPart:1","myParam1") = mySpreadsheetParam1

'mySpreadsheetParam1 being read directly from the spreadsheet

Then again, I could have this whole thing wrong and it could be something entirely different.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I made a quick assembly and tested all of the above. Had no issues with any of it. Having a pre-existing user param with a conflicting name doesn't cause a problem. The spreadsheet overrides the user param and deletes it. Making a "middle man" parameter (if you will) doesn't cause an issue. The parameter was passed down seamlessly.

So it looks like we need your files lol.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks! However, I could not post more information now due to the confidential problem.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wimann

Thanks! I will try to fix my code according to your suggestions. This is really helpful!

Best,

Sophia

Message 6 of 6
wimann

No problem. If it doesn't end up working out, see if you can recreate the problem in a simple (non-confidential) assembly using some dummy parts. I couldn't recreate the problem with the information you gave and experiencing the issue makes it muuuuuuuuch easier to resolve.

Thanks,

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report