Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Design Copy, Error Copying a File, Inventor Crashes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1391 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic Design Copy, Error Copying a File, Inventor Crashes

I'm trying to use iLogic Design Copy to copy an assembly and all its associated parts to another directory. The assembly contains content center parts. Inventor warns me that the destination file of one of the CC parts (and 18 others) will be overwritten. When I go ahead and copy anyway, the copying process stops at that specific CC part. The Design Copy Progress dialog box states there is an error copying that CC part. When I close the Design Copy Progress dialog box, Inventor crashes. Screenshots below.

The warning:

ilogic5.png

The error copying the CC part:

ilogic6.png

I'm allowed to use content center parts in iLogic Design Copied stuff, right? I searched some related topics and I'm under the impression that Inventor keeps the CC parts in its own directory and shouldn't be trying to overwrite them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yannicknielsen
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know much of iLogic design copy - But I know Design Assistant works.

In Design Assistant, all the Content Center parts will be greyed out, as well, and the new copy will link to those in the content center folder.

Also, if you're using Design Assistant, you can be certain that all the new copies will link to each other, and not the assembly they were copied from.

don't know if that's the case with the iLogic one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: yannicknielsen

Thanks, I had not known about Design Assistant.

I figured it out. I had done a copy/save as on some content center parts (nuts, bolts, washers, etc.) with the intention of changing their part numbers in the iProperties for the BOM on IDWs. I did not want the default content center part number to show up in the BOM. I wanted something like "Hex bolt - size" instead of something like "ANSI B18.2.4.2M - M14x2 - 21". I'll figure something out for the fasteners when I get there.

Message 4 of 5
yannicknielsen

If you have used your content center parts as "custom", you should be able to copy / rename them in the design assistant as well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 5 of 5
Raider_71

Hi guys we have developed a free app called Design Cloner. I would like you guys to have a look at it and give me some feedback. You can get it here: http://www.mgfx.co.za/tools-for-inventor.htm

Cheers

Pieter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report