Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic constraint suppression

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
SMGordon
2885 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic constraint suppression

First I will say I am a complete iLogic newbie just trying to experiment so I'm probably missing something basic but I have tried to reasearch and can't come up with a solution. Anyway...

What I am trying to do is make this assembly (see pic attached) telescope based on a constraint (END2END) between the left-most face of the green part and the right-most face of the red part. I want the green part to only telescope out once the blue part has reached the end of it's stroke.  My thought was to constrain the end of the green and blue parts flush until the END2END distance was greater than 42, after which the flush constraint would be suppressed.

My rule currently states:

If END2END<(-42) Then
Constraint.IsActive("Flush:2")=False
Else
Constraint.IsActive("Flush:2")=True
End If

However when I change the END2END to constraint to -43 my assembly breaks because the Flush:2 doesn't  suppress.

What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jletcher
in reply to: SMGordon

I did not test but change the constraint to be a positive number -43 is not greater than 42..

Message 3 of 6
mrattray

END2END is the name of your constraint, you need to use the name of the parameter that defines the constraint.

1)Edit the END2END constraint

2)Change the value to END2END = 43

3)Edit the iLogicRule

4)Notice the color of the text for END2END change from brown to blue

5)Click OK

Problem solved.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 6
SMGordon
in reply to: mrattray

Ah I understand now. Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
SMGordon
in reply to: jletcher

I meant

"until the END2END distance was greater than |42|" or "greater than 42 in the negative direction"

Message 6 of 6
mrattray

How you have it should be fine but, just for academia's sake, you could aslo use:

END2END > Abs(42)

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report