Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Coding to Create Automated Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mehatfie
802 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic Coding to Create Automated Drawing

Hi all,

I'm attempting to create a model that autmotaically derives ready-to-go drawings. I've gotten pretty far in doing so but have a few issues with regards to dimensioning. As I'm sure you're aware, when the model changes, a dimension to that feature, which has been removed, is also deleted and some those dimensions do not return once the model is changed back.

I have looked into using different view representations, but have found that they do not accommodate feature supression.

My questions are:

Is there a way to program in the dimensioning of a view 

Create center points for of of the holes and center lines

And for a feature note such as "Hole and Thread" dimensioning, when the model expands, the leader and text length do not change and proceed into the view. Is there a way to fix or anchor the text to a certain spot on the drawing, and have the leader length expand and change accordingly to that point.

If you would like farther information, or think a similar question would help, please ask.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mitch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mehatfie
in reply to: mehatfie

Also, If there is anyway to anchor the linear dimensions as well or set an offset from the attached view. When the model changes, the dimension is either absorbed into the view or becomes to far away.

Thanks Again

Mitch

Message 3 of 3
skyngu
in reply to: mehatfie

from my experiences, vba or vb.net is better for automated dimension.

select edges or arc and dimension them.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report