Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Beginner Difficulties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mrattray
372 Views, 5 Replies

iLogic Beginner Difficulties

I have attached a simplified version of a complex iAssembly I'm working on. I'm expermenting with using iLogic rules to control an assembly instead of strictly spreadsheets. The assembly (the simple one) is four cylinders stacked end to end. It consists of two members, one with all four cylinders and one with three of the cylinders. There is a parameter driven mate that should toggle on via an iLogic rule when the third cylinder in the stack becomes surpressed, and vice versa, which keeps the fourth cylinder stacked properly.

The problem is, it doesn't work! It turns the constraint off when it's supposed to, but it won't turn it back on when it's supposed to.  What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
xiaoyan.qi
in reply to: mrattray

Hi, Mike

From you attached assembly, i saw you set the third component as "Exclude", but it should be "Suppress" as your iLogic rule. 

and i tried to suppress/Unsuppress the third component, your rule works well

Thanks

Mick

Message 3 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: xiaoyan.qi

After reading your post I played with it some more. I found one of the mates was throwing an error so I changed the code to read as follows:

Format:HTML Format
Version:1.0
StartHTML: 165
EndHTML: 4660
StartFragment: 314
EndFragment: 4628
StartSelection: 314
EndSelection: 314

IfComponent.IsActive("MN-SL-0922-0500:1")=TrueThen

Constraint.IsActive("offset")=False
Constraint.IsActive("Mate:6")=True

ElseIfComponent.IsActive("MN-SL-0922-0500:1")=FalseThen

Constraint.IsActive("offset")=True
Constraint.IsActive("Mate:6")=False

EndIf

Now suppress/unsuppress works fine. But that's not what I want. My complex assembly that I'm trying to make this work with is a part factory with 44 members and I want the mates to change as I include/exclude components and change pattern parameters.

I suppose that I'll admit that I'm not really sure what the difference is between suppress/unsuppress and exclude/include.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 6
swordmaster

Mike, what version of inventor are you using?

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 5 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: swordmaster

2012 SP1

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 6
swordmaster

ok, well sorry i dont have 2012...............good luck!

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report