Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic API Programming

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tward
939 Views, 4 Replies

Ilogic API Programming

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a class or someplace where I am able to go and learn the vb.net programming language thats geared towards inventor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
Namoi1
in reply to: tward

not the right place, check the 4th (at the moment) permanent topic in this forum to get started.

Don't be afraid just play with it, you can't really break anything, a bit hard to start if you've never programmed before, but it you have I'll shut up.

A very easy way to get started on programing is VBA through something like excel, record a macro and see what it spits out, and try understand it, just remember is spits out alot of superfluous crap that you didn't really do or need.  Once you understand a little of the syntax Inventor is just about the same but with different objects, which you'll find when you look at that topic.

using IV2015
C-H
Message 2 of 5
Ray_Feiler

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=1079044&siteID=123112

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=17324828

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 4 of 5
ravikmb5

Start From Basics

For Ex:

First add code to Reference the document via APi

then select a plane on to which Sketch has to be executed via APi

Draw a circle, Rectangle

then adding constraints to the circle midpoint and origin of a sketch

then dimensioning it

exit sketch

select profile

then extrude

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 5 of 5
tward
in reply to: Namoi1

Yeah I have programmed before and have been playing with it.  I know that the best way that I learn is from examples coupled with explanations.  What I seem to find a lot of is examples with no explanations, where I work now there really isn't time to play and discover all the intricate details of the code and then determine the supurfluous code from the real code.

I have gone through that walkthrough, however I found it not as comprehensive as I would have liked. (I probably sound greedy)

Speaking of which, what's the difference in writing the code into the visual studio express environment and a .txt file that inventor sees as an external rule?

Thanks for the response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report