Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic and multiplies of the same part

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
TKey_Luttrell
267 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic and multiplies of the same part

I am pretty sure i already know the answer to this, but i thought i better ask anyway.

Let us say for example that you have an assembly, and this assembly has two parts/assemblies

Part:1

Part:2

...made from the same ipt file.  Is it possible to have iLogic influence one, but not the other?  Or will it be necessary to make a copy of the part/assembly, name it something different and insert that one instead?

(using Inventor 2014)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zzachow3
in reply to: TKey_Luttrell

In my experience, the best way to reference one part and not the other is to make a copy and rename one. However, if they are the same part placed twice, they should have a different name as in : "Part 1:1" and "Part 1:2". I don't see any reason that you couldn't individually reference these, as long as you're okay with them having the same iLogic code.
Message 3 of 5
TKey_Luttrell
in reply to: zzachow3

you can use the 

Part1:1 or Part1:2

... to do things like suppress, but if you try to change their parameters it changes both.  Or at least my test piece is doing that.  I am fairly new to iLogic though so i could just be doing something wrong.

Message 4 of 5
TONELLAL
in reply to: TKey_Luttrell

Your assembly contain 2 occurrences of the same part. If modifications you need concern the Occurrence, you can modify an occurrence but not the other (like suppress the occurence, change its color in the assembly (but not in the part)). If the modifications concern the Part... (like dimensions) the 2 occurrences will mandatory change.

What you can do : edit the part, "Save copy as", then replace component in the assembly.

This is the basic operating method of Inventor, this is not specific to iLogic.

Message 5 of 5
TKey_Luttrell
in reply to: TONELLAL

Alright thats pretty much what i expected, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report