Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
Breeze104
Message 31 of 32 (106 Views)

Re: iLogic & the API

10-29-2012 12:11 PM in reply to: Breeze104

Well, after alot of help from the Techs @ Autodesk I finally got the material description part of things ironed out...

When I was trying to use excel to manipulate the out out I kept getting capitalized letters and the numbers and spaces with no hyphen inbetween (ie. 7 1/2 X 3 1/2) which is very close to what I needed but not quite.....So with the gurus @ Autodesk giving me a hand they came up with this all iLogic code that gave me the prorper out put...

Dim partDoc As PartDocument = ThisDoc.Document
partDoc.ComponentDefinition.SetEndOfPartToTopOrBottom(True)

iProperties.Material = "Steel, Mild"
iProperties.PartColor = "Steel"

On Error Resume Next
iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") = SheetMetal.GetActiveStyle() & " x " _
& RoundToFraction(SheetMetal.FlatExtentsWidth, 1/64, RoundingMethod.Round).Replace(" ", "-") & " x " _
& RoundToFraction(SheetMetal.FlatExtentsLength, 1/64, RoundingMethod.Round).Replace(" ", "-")

partDoc.ComponentDefinition.SetEndOfPartToTopOrBottom(False)
iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

Thanks a bunch SWORDMASTER & the TECHS @ Autodesk

I hope this helps someone else as well.....

Distinguished Contributor
Breeze104
Message 32 of 32 (99 Views)

Re: iLogic & the API

10-29-2012 01:27 PM in reply to: Breeze104

I figured out that I could do the title info by adding the "Title" from the "properties tab" summary and entering the info in the created column.  I wish I had tought of this sooner.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.