Distinguished Contributor
gcross
Message 1 of 3 (329 Views)
Accepted Solution

iFeatures failing to load-0 Hole Centers message

329 Views, 2 Replies
11-08-2012 11:13 AM

Many of my iFeatures are failing to load & I get the following error message:

!  Loading catalog D:\....\Boss_round.ide failed. The file has 0 Hole Centers in it's Interface Sketch.

To be a valid Template, the interface Sketch must contain exactly 1 Hole Center.

I have a sketch with a hole center on the sheet metal part I want the iFeature in. And I tried putting a hole center on the sketch in the failing ide files but I still get the error & cannot use many of my round,square, pocket_obrounds, press rib or boss  iFeatures. None of the geometric shapes work either.

I attached a few of the ide files.

I sure could use a hand on fixing this. Anyone know how to fix this?

Gary

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014

when looking into the iFeature you provided, it should be the standard iFeature but not punch iFeature. So it will show the warning message when placing it using center mark and punch tool in sheet metal. Please use the original model to extract punch iFeature again, and it should work fine when placing it using center mark.

Employee
Yijiang.Cai
Message 2 of 3 (317 Views)

Re: iFeatures failing to load-0 Hole Centers message

11-08-2012 07:50 PM in reply to: gcross

when looking into the iFeature you provided, it should be the standard iFeature but not punch iFeature. So it will show the warning message when placing it using center mark and punch tool in sheet metal. Please use the original model to extract punch iFeature again, and it should work fine when placing it using center mark.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Distinguished Contributor
gcross
Message 3 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: iFeatures failing to load-0 Hole Centers message

11-09-2012 05:01 PM in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

River,

That did the trick. Perhaps Autodesk should add that information to the error message. It is not very intuitive otherwise.

Gary

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.