Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFeature Placement

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chrisrodway
526 Views, 2 Replies

iFeature Placement

Im just starting to look at Ifeatures to help me design, but even though my sketch is fully constrained when I place the iFeature with multiple references i can still move it using the arrows. Any ideas how i could place them more accurately

Cheers

Chris

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

Thank you for having posted your question on the discussion group.

In fact when you want to select an ifeature and insert it you need to:

1) select the ifeature from the library to select an existing face of your part 2) place approximately the position of the ifeature 3) change (if necessary) the values of the parameters 4) open the sketch of the inserted ifeature and at this time you have the possibility to fully constrain (position) the sketch to the existing geometry.

Here are some links which could interest you:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1500-Parts1500/1580-iFeature15...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126/0127-Inventor127/0351-iFeature3...

I hope that helps.

Please, mark any response clicking on "Accept as Solution" button if it answers your question 

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 3 of 3

Hi Nicolas,

Ive found out what I was doing wrong thanks to your reply and links. I was placing my Ifeatures without

activating the sketch, this causes the iFeature to have no constraints.

Cheers for the reply

Chris Rodway

Design Engineer

Sheffield, UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report