Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFeature Placement Redux - Glyphs, cp's et al

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmates
322 Views, 4 Replies

IFeature Placement Redux - Glyphs, cp's et al

Greetings: 

My question is in regards to the base model from which an IDE is created.

Per the attached JPG (of the IDE), I'd like to align the indicated points (1 & 2) so that the IDE can be placed immediately & directly onto point 3 at time of insertion, preferrably without activating the sketch.

The hole wizard within IV will do this, given a set of CP's. My IDE, as it happens (but not always) is basically a series of hole features.

Question: What is specified/defined at the time of ifeature creation to ensure these points will be aligned at time of insertion ?

It seems to be associated with the arbitrary mass from which the feature is extracted.

Thanks in advance

JMates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bob_holland
in reply to: jmates

jmates,

Can you tell us what version of Inventor you are utilizing and can you provide us with an example or two?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 5
jmates
in reply to: bob_holland

Hi Bob

Version is 2013.  Attached is the file in question, an old MS port configuration.

I was not expecting this to be elevated, but rather hoping it was just operator error on my part.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
bob_holland
in reply to: jmates

jmates,

When I opened your part I noticed that the origin for that sketch is not in the center of the part that will be the center of the hole.

I wold suggest redoing it so that the center of the hole is at the sketch origin.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 5
jmates
in reply to: bob_holland

As I thought, profound cranial vapor lock on my end.

Thanks

JM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report