Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ifeature, ifeature extraction, ipart

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
floccipier
537 Views, 2 Replies

ifeature, ifeature extraction, ipart

Hi All,

Is it possible to make an ipart or ifeature of the beam end shown in snapshot (every thing except back to back channels) i.e., couples of holes at certain distance attached with some plates etc, so that it can be populated to identical locations.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
djreichel
in reply to: floccipier

Hello Sajid,

The affached Inventor 2012 iPart demonstrates techniques that may be useful to generate the part you have in mind.

It's created as a multi-body part so the "pad" would be patterned as a new body.  This was perhaps not the best choice because the holes through the beam still needed to be patterned as features. 

I left the part that way to demonstrate the difference (and how to lay out the related patterns)

Length of the beam is based on pad spacing and number of pads. (not very practical).

For an excercise you may like to add Length to the iPart table as a Custom Column and specify number of holes/pads so that the spacing can be calculated by the Parameter table. (see Manage -> Parameters)

Good Luck!

Regards, Dennis Reichel

Inventor Premium 2012 SP1
Message 3 of 3
floccipier
in reply to: djreichel

HI djreichel,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Inventor '11, so couldn't open your part. Moreover what I wanted was not the beam itself, Beams come from frame generator. I only want the holes and the plates at the end to be an ifeature (or anything) to be populated at identical situation.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report