Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

giovanni79
Message 11 of 12 (423 Views)

Re: IDW vs DWG, what to use?

12-21-2012 04:59 AM in reply to: DVDM
Thank you for the detailes answer, this is the kind of thinking I was looking for. Because our assemblies are very simple and with no more than 30-40 parts each (at a great maximum), I think I will stick with the Inventor format. As other have pointed out, it is always possible to batch convert these files later.
rolabendan
Message 12 of 12 (354 Views)

Re: IDW vs DWG, what to use?

05-09-2013 01:23 PM in reply to: giovanni79

What about emedded data in idw vs dwg files when cycled between AutoCAD and Inventor? Specifically, is data entered in iproperties within Inventor editable in AutoCAD, and is data entered in attributes within AutoCAD editable in Inventor? When an idw file is saved as an AutoCAD file, what happens to the iproperty data? One example: Data stored in a title block from an idw saved as a dwg file file isn't easily editable via a dialog box from within AutoCAD, if it is editable at all.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!