Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw views flipped upside down upon opening

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JazzJPH13
462 Views, 4 Replies

idw views flipped upside down upon opening

Hi all,

I've created an engineering drawing and issued it for fabrication.  Since first revision it has been revised 3 times.  Now I am adding the final parts to it and revising it to it's 5th issue.  I've altered the model and then opened the drawing.  Upon opening the drawing it has decided to flip my elevation upside down as well as my isometric. 

The model is a frame generated part with a grounded skeleton.  Even with the skeleton ungrounded the frame doesn't budge.  What's more annoying is that my viewcube agrees with the flipped drawing, despite the fact I ensure each model is created on the planes they would be in on the master model, a little more work but everything is inserted in the correct direction.  

I was under the impression my modelling method was belt & braces, obviously not.  I'm stumped.  I'm going to check my model into vault, clear my local drive and get latest, in hope that it's a glitch that will come out.  Doubt it somehow.

Your comments would be appreciated

Dell Precision T1700
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz (4 Cores)
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (12002 MB / 4096 MB)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JazzJPH13
in reply to: JazzJPH13

Just to add to the scenario, I've discovered it's not only rotated my view 180 degrees, it's back-to-front also.

Mint.

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
Message 3 of 5
JazzJPH13

I've reproduced the drawing manually by deleting all annotation and copying from a pdf of the previous revision, then adding the revised notes.  

But for the future other people may find it useful if someone has the answer to post it here.

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
Message 4 of 5
bob_holland

JazzJPH13,

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with this particular IDW.

I wanted to let you know that this is not a common occurrence.

If you still have a copy of your failing IDW, I can try to document this and provide it to our development staff so that they might be able to figure out how it became corrupt.

Please let me know if you would like me to send this to our development staff.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 5
JazzJPH13
in reply to: bob_holland

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately we can't submit this information.  I've redrawn the idw and it is no longer a problem for me.  

Let's hope it doesn't happen again, thanks anyway Bob, much appreciated

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums