We just installed INV2008 from INV 11 and now I cannot create idw. I have opened and saved our templates as the new version which is all I remember doing when we went from 10 to 11 but it hasn't worked this time. If anybody can help here I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Please do not create duplicat posts a couple minutes apart...
Here's some tips from your OTHER post on this....
It currently appears that install issues are user specific. Now that's not
an answer, but after installing software for way over 20 years, just the
voice of experience. There are several reasons why software (and updates)
1. Operating System service packs and hotfixes not up to date. That means
Windows 2000 sp4 and Windows XP sp2 at minimums.
2. Insufficient disk space on C: (Yes
3. Temp folders full. Empty all temps regularly, AND before installs.
4. Hardware: Defragment HDs regularly, Proper Graphics Cards and certified
drivers, Insufficient Virtual swap space.
5. ANTIVIRUS!!! Antivirus MUST be turned off. No antivirus services
running. Norton and McAffee are absolutely the worst for creating bad
Installs. If you cannot verify that they are totally OFF, then temporarily
6. Conflicting Installed programs - Make sure that all installed Autodesk
products are at their latest SP release. I just found a system yesterday
that had Inventor 10 ( no SPs) installed, preventing a silent install of
7. Close ALL programs prior to installing software. Make sure that they are
not still running in the background.
8. Shut down ALL UNNEEDED services before installation. Go to Control
Panel - Admin Tools - Services to stop services. Just RMB on each and select
Stop. On reboot, they will all restart if you have not modified the
9. ONLY install with FULL Computer Administration Rights
10. ALWAYS Read the instructions or Readme files thoroughly. ( This one is
for all us guys who think they can assemble a BBQ Grill without the
11. If you still have issues, call your reseller for assistance.
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
AIP 11SP3, AIP 2008 SP1
HP zv5000 AMD64 ( modified)
Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185, 2GB RAM
XP Pro SP2, Windows Classic Theme
wrote in message news:email@example.com...
We just installed INV2008 from INV 11 and now I cannot create idw. I have
opened and saved our templates as the new version which is all I remember
doing when we went from 10 to 11 but it hasn't worked this time. If anybody
can help here I would appreciate it. Thanks.