Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW to DWG rant!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
138 Views, 1 Reply

IDW to DWG rant!!!!!!!

Ok. I love IV...makes my life so much more easy....but so much more difficult at the same time. How come when you export to DWG it takes and changes all of your dimension colors...would be nice if you could specify what color you want them to be. The layout tab is default white...so why make the exported dimstyle in red and grey??? Makes it tough to read. Now in IV8 you don't have the option to put JUST the goemetry on the model tab...and the sheet in the layout tab, now all the dims and sheet borders go too!!! Now to make life easier on me, I name my sheets ie....TOPSHOE,BLANKING PUNCH,DIE...I would SOOOO love to be able to export out without haveing to go back into ACAD and then have to rename all the files so they are in numerical order. When they export out I end up with the print number follwed by the sheet name then the sheet number...ie 33-11211 TOPSHOE 23. Why can't I just get it to go..01,02,03,04,05.....Maybe I missed something somewhere but I have been trying this with this file all morning...and just getting aggrivated. DWG is Autodesk's format isn't it???...why are they haveing such a hard time makeing their own programs talk to each other!!!!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

As to the colors, I have exported DWG's and opened
them in Autocad to find random dim's in random colors. I have then sent the same
file to customers to find out that everything opened in white.

That's what they told me at least.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report