Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*.IDW template file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jyothissurendran
989 Views, 6 Replies

*.IDW template file

Hi

I have a drawing(*.idw) file that already made from a template file. Now i have created a new template file. So any option available to use new template file for the existing drawing file with old template. Much appreciated if somebody can advise....

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: jyothissurendran

Jyothis,

Having both your updated tempate file and the old one open, in the new template file, in the browser under "Drawing Resources", RC on the sheet format (have to do same operation for the titleblock as well) and select copy.

DRAWING.PNG

Then in the old drawing in the same location (under "Drawing Resources") select "Paste" .  It will prompt you asking of you want to replace the olde one.  Just say "Yes.

Hope this helps.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
jyothissurendran
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks scott. it works fine....Smiley Happy

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: jyothissurendran

You're welcome.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
Fori123
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott,

I have a quick question on idws that I would like to ask you. We only use 4 specific sheet sizes at the company I work for. Can we remove the 10-15 other sheet sizes we do not use and will never use? See attached image.

Thank you,

Mike

Message 6 of 7

You can also use the Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard to copy this new title block into a entire set of drawings instead of individual copy and paste.  This is a very common tool for companies that change their address or want that TB to back date a little bit.

You'll find this tool in your Start Menu.

http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/2011/08/all-my-inventor-drawings-need-a-different-title-block-ar...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: Fori123

No, those sizes are there to stay.  What you might consider is an iLogic Form that fills out your TB as well as chooses Sheet Size from a predefined smaller list when you work in your drawing.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report