Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.idw template / default questions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MikeRid
269 Views, 3 Replies

.idw template / default questions

I'm currently setting up the default templates for our office for all our different title blocks. I was hoping to be able to have 1 template for both standard and metric dimensioning. When the template is opened it is currently set up so you have to select the Title Block that you want to use. Is there a way to set it up so there are different drawing defaults when different Title Blocks are selected?

If I select the Metric Title Block I don’t want the dimensions to come in as standard by default. If not I’ll just have to create 2 different templates.

Inventor 2013

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: MikeRid

Inventor doesn't work this way, ordinarily.  But it might be possible to write an iLogic rule that does something like this.  Are you familiar with iLogic?

-cwhetten

Message 3 of 4
MikeRid
in reply to: cwhetten

Yes I am. Maybe I can just have a Form that lets you select the defualts you want to use. I'll have to mess around with that.

Thanks for the idea. 

Message 4 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: MikeRid

One way you could approach this is to set up two drawing style standards: one for 'standard' dimensions, and one for metric.  Your iLogic rule could ask the user to input (through a form, if that's your preference) which title block they want, then it would activate the appropriate drawing standard.

I might be able to help you out with the code if you would like.

-cwhetten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report