Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw sketches

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
179 Views, 3 Replies

idw sketches

I'm adding a sketch to an idw and would like a circle to show up as a centerline. When I change the linetype, it still appears solid. Is there a way to adjust linetype scale? I thought I saw some posts a few months ago in IV7, but I can't find them now. -- Kevin Wehner
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK. I found that you can right click and get to the line scale, but whatever I put in, it still looks solid. -- Kevin Wehner "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message news:3fe70acc$1_5@statler... > I'm adding a sketch to an idw and would like a circle to show up as a > centerline. When I change the linetype, it still appears solid. Is there a > way to adjust linetype scale? > > I thought I saw some posts a few months ago in IV7, but I can't find them > now. > > -- > Kevin Wehner > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The line properties are pretty bizarre. Changing the line weight on some line types will also change the scale. (dashed space for instance) What is your view scale & what did you put as your line scale? If your view is .125 for instance you need to put 8 in the line scale. -- Dave Hoder Product Design Engineer idX Seattle www.idxcorporation.com "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message news:3fe70bd9$1_1@statler... > OK. I found that you can right click and get to the line scale, but whatever > I put in, it still looks solid. > > -- > Kevin Wehner > "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message > news:3fe70acc$1_5@statler... > > I'm adding a sketch to an idw and would like a circle to show up as a > > centerline. When I change the linetype, it still appears solid. Is there a > > way to adjust linetype scale? > > > > I thought I saw some posts a few months ago in IV7, but I can't find them > > now. > > > > -- > > Kevin Wehner > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have had better success putting in the idw sketched lines without regard to the linetypes in the drop down list. Then RMB and change properties. Scale is the reciprocal of view scale. It will be easier if a property painter is ever added to Inventor (I thought all Windows-based software had a property painter?)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report