Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw sketches

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pquenzi
396 Views, 4 Replies

idw sketches

When I make a sketch in an idw file in Inventor 2014 I cannot modify the properties (ie line type, line weight and color) of the individual lines once I exit the sketch. I can modify them while in the sketch environment, but I cannot turn the visibility off on an individual line.  I'm pretty sure I could modify properties of individual lines and turn visibility off when not in the sketch environment on previous releases. Is there some way to turn visibility off on individual sketch lines in 2014? Thanks. Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: pquenzi

@pquenzi wrote:

When I make a sketch in an idw file in Inventor 2014 I cannot modify the properties (ie line type, line weight and color) of the individual lines once I exit the sketch. I can modify them while in the sketch environment, but I cannot turn the visibility off on an individual line.  I'm pretty sure I could modify properties of individual lines and turn visibility off when not in the sketch environment on previous releases. Is there some way to turn visibility off on individual sketch lines in 2014? Thanks. Phil

As far as I know, you have never been able to manipulate sketch entities outside of the sketch editor.  In the editor, you can set lines to be visible only in the sketch editor, is that what you need?

Message 3 of 5
pquenzi
in reply to: cbenner

ChrisB,

I could easily be wrong about editing outside of the sketch editor in previous releases. What I wanted is to have a line visible when in the sketch editor, but be able to turn its visibility off when the sketch editor is closed. It's not a big deal as I can work around it other ways. I just thought I could once do it. Thanks. Phil

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: pquenzi

Just to be sure - did you get this from previous response?

Sketch Only.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
pquenzi
in reply to: JDMather

No I did not get that from the previous response and yes that is exactly what I wanted to do. I was not aware of the "sketch only" selection. Thank you. Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report