Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
pquenzi
Message 1 of 5 (197 Views)
Accepted Solution

idw sketches

197 Views, 4 Replies
02-06-2014 12:43 PM

When I make a sketch in an idw file in Inventor 2014 I cannot modify the properties (ie line type, line weight and color) of the individual lines once I exit the sketch. I can modify them while in the sketch environment, but I cannot turn the visibility off on an individual line.  I'm pretty sure I could modify properties of individual lines and turn visibility off when not in the sketch environment on previous releases. Is there some way to turn visibility off on individual sketch lines in 2014? Thanks. Phil

Just to be sure - did you get this from previous response?

Sketch Only.png

No I did not get that from the previous response and yes that is exactly what I wanted to do. I was not aware of the "sketch only" selection. Thank you. Phil

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 5 (188 Views)

Re: idw sketches

02-06-2014 01:25 PM in reply to: pquenzi

pquenzi wrote:

When I make a sketch in an idw file in Inventor 2014 I cannot modify the properties (ie line type, line weight and color) of the individual lines once I exit the sketch. I can modify them while in the sketch environment, but I cannot turn the visibility off on an individual line.  I'm pretty sure I could modify properties of individual lines and turn visibility off when not in the sketch environment on previous releases. Is there some way to turn visibility off on individual sketch lines in 2014? Thanks. Phil

As far as I know, you have never been able to manipulate sketch entities outside of the sketch editor.  In the editor, you can set lines to be visible only in the sketch editor, is that what you need?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

pquenzi
Message 3 of 5 (179 Views)

02-06-2014 01:39 PM in reply to: cbenner

ChrisB,

I could easily be wrong about editing outside of the sketch editor in previous releases. What I wanted is to have a line visible when in the sketch editor, but be able to turn its visibility off when the sketch editor is closed. It's not a big deal as I can work around it other ways. I just thought I could once do it. Thanks. Phil

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 4 of 5 (177 Views)

02-06-2014 01:43 PM in reply to: pquenzi

Just to be sure - did you get this from previous response?

Sketch Only.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
pquenzi
Message 5 of 5 (162 Views)

02-06-2014 01:54 PM in reply to: JDMather

No I did not get that from the previous response and yes that is exactly what I wanted to do. I was not aware of the "sketch only" selection. Thank you. Phil

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.