Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW shaded views

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
230 Views, 8 Replies

IDW shaded views

Is there a way when you have an IDW that is using shaded views to get is so that in an iso view the color is the same no matter which side of a part you are looking at?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a lighting style with no lights and ambient lighting turned up high. This should give you a relatively smooth looking part with no shadows.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Okay, how do you create a lighting style in an IDW?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

it should use the lighting style from the assembly. Open the assembly, Format=>Styles Editor..., expand the Lighting icon on the left hand side, create a new style, turn off the lights, crank up the ambience, save to styles library.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Well if you will look at this 2 differant attachments you can see that in the IDW the top of the square tube is shaded put int the assembly it isn't. What am I doing wrong?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

The 2nd jpeg.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

you aren't doing anything wrong and it looks fairly normal. If you have updated your lighting styles to create the "less shaded" look, and you had already made the IDW view, you will have to reset the Design View Representation so the updates will carry over (or you can make the design view associative).
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I made the IDW after I had updated the assembly.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

So does this mean since I am not hearing from anyone else that this is just how inventor works? Or is there something else that I can do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report