Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw parts list does not match BOM

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gordon.rogers
2083 Views, 6 Replies

idw parts list does not match BOM

I made an assembly about 1-1/2 months ago and had no issues with parts list and BOM matching. Now as you can see from the attached file they don't match. Any help and suggestions will be appricated.

Thanks

IV2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jtylerbc
in reply to: gordon.rogers

Have the quantities been overridden in the parts list?

Open the parts list for editing, check to see if those quantities appear in blue text with a blue cell outline.  This indicates that the cell's value has been overridden.

If that is is the case, right click on the cells and uncheck "Static Value".  This will remove the override and the parts list should match the BOM.

Message 3 of 7
gordon.rogers
in reply to: jtylerbc

No the qty's are not overiden. Also as you can see the SAP Material numbers are not correct either. I'm gonna make a new sub-assembly and replace it to see if that works. Its really frustrating when I put the current sub assembly in its own drawing and the parts list and BOM match. I even put the whole assemble in a new idw and same results, parst list doesn't match BOM.

Message 4 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: gordon.rogers

I see the parts in the BOM are greyed out which means they are Read Only. Are you using Vault?

Have you tried a Rebuild All on the parent assembly?

Are they any Representations or LOD's active in the parent assembly or BOM overrides (reference etc)?

If Quantity really was 0 it shouldn't even appear in the parts list.

I'd say there is something up with the parent assembly & not the parts list. Have you checked the Quantity Units on those components?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 7
gordon.rogers
in reply to: scottmoyse

Yes we are using Vault. LOD is set to master. I've changed the sub-assembly from normal to phatom and the part numbers and qty's work but lose the numbering scheem. I'm beginning to think the file might have gotten corrupted when we upgraded from 2012 to 2013. Thought someone might have run across this. I'm just gonna make new sub and replace.

Message 6 of 7

Hi! The behavior you described here does not seem right to me. If you could send me the files, I would take a look and see where the problem is. For dataset smaller than 20MB, please send it via email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). For larger dataset, please send me an email so I can set up a secure account for you to upload.

BTW, LOD should not interfere with BOM. If you have an example showing LOD changes BOM, please let me know asap.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7

Hi John, sorry I just noticed this request today. We are still having this issue with this particular file. Are you able to look at this. These parts are from a custom content center we made. What would be the best way to send these?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report