Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW Part list item numbering problem for iAssemblies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wseaston
850 Views, 1 Reply

IDW Part list item numbering problem for iAssemblies

I have created an iAssembly which contains 4 assembly variations. I now want to create an assembly drawing for these variations.

In this case all my assembly variations will have the same assembly part number as essentially they are all the same assembly except for a few "change over parts".

I intend to have one drawing with multiple sheets. Each sheet will have one variation of the assembly on it with a BOM for that specific variation. The problem I am having though is that the drawing BOM for each variation are linked and as a result each drawing has an inconsistant item numbering (for someone in the workshop who doesnt understand the CAD package and iAssemblies - They ask the question: Why are you skipping item numbers in the BOM's)

Is there any way I can get each BOM to show the item numbers sequentially? I tried editing the drawing BOM item number but the problem is that method propogates the item number changes to all the other BOM's as well.... (It is also tedious AND in my opinion it is generally bad practice to edit the BOM at the drawing level)

Any ideas out there please?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wseaston
in reply to: wseaston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report