Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw of an assembly containing several surface parts not loading

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
199 Views, 4 Replies

idw of an assembly containing several surface parts not loading

I'm running Windows 7,  Inventor 2015 64 bit, SSD with a couple hundred gigs free, 32 gig RAM, octa core, and a pretty Nvidia graphics card.

I have some surface files from a vendor (that uses 3DS Max).  They're rather complicated pieces of fiberglass furniture.  I haven't had luck sculpting them into solid models.  Loading the ipts doesn't take long.  If I load the big iassembly that has maybe a dozen surface files, it takes a little less than a minute to load.

If I create a new idw, dropping the first view takes many minutes.  If I create a drawing, save and close, reopening it isn't an option.  IV keeps thinking for more than a half hour, then I give up and close the program.

I don't have background programs running, my memory and CPU usage both look fine.  Most of the standard addins are turned off in IV, and I've added no extra ones.  The computer is only a few months old, saved files are on a local server.

Unfortunately, all the surface files in question are delightfully proprietary.

Anyone have tips on how to help Inventor/me work with these files..?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
 I haven't had luck sculpting them into solid models.  

Anyone have tips on how to help Inventor/me work with these files..?

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2008/ML205-1P%20Mather.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! What role would the complex surfaces play in the drawing view? Do you want to show them in the drawing view?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

They're the reason the print is being made.  I need them to show in the drawing.

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! I would like to take a look at the files closely. Can you share the files with me if I set up a secure account for you? Please send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report