Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW lineweight depending on scale

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Dropjeslover
211 Views, 0 Replies

IDW lineweight depending on scale

Hi

I work at this company and we print out all .idw's, in order to sign them. Then we scan them again and send them to the customer.

We print them on A4 size.

Out big overview drawing is on A1 paper size. Scale is 1:50, and 2 details are on 1:15.

The problem is that the dimension lines in the 1:50 view come out very, very thin and are hardly picked up by the scanner. The dimension lines in the detail view (1:15) are okay.

It is our wish that when printing, all lines have the same weight/thickness.

I have checked the following:

In the styles editor - dimensions - [our dimension standard] and then the display tab, I have increased the line weight.

The result is that also the lines in the detail view become thicker, too thick.

In application options - drawing - line weight display settings, I changed the view from "display by range" to "display true".

The result is that all lines are the same weight/thickness.

However, I cannot increase the line weight/thickness in the styles editor anymore, not under dimensions and not under layers (with and without ticking the box for "display by range").

Even if a different style-file for the A1 drawings so that all lines are the same thickness would be a great help. Other paper formats come out okay.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Casper

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report