Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

IDW HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
217 Views, 3 Replies

IDW HELP

hi there

im making different title blocks for my IDW template. Each one will be different for lets say an assembly, part, sheet metal part, or IPN

When I call in the name of what im placing on the drawing, I reference the part number since that usually is the same as the part file name. The reason i take that is so that I can change it if I need to without renaming the file. And the the text always moves to the next line if its too long. ( i can add a space ) since my filenames dont have spaces.

When I place an IPN, somehow the part number is referencing the part number of the assembly in the IPN. How can I get it to not do that?

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mgeurts
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Where from do you retrieve the properties in the titleblock, model or drawing?

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mgeurts

all my templates reference the part number. So when I call the information to my title block, its "properties - Model" " Part number "

Theres no option to do "Properties - IPN" " Part Number ".......yet my assembly "part number" comes through.  Strange how this works.

Im assuming the "assembly Part Number " comes through becasue there are multiple instances of "model Part numbers" in the assembly.

Message 4 of 4
mgeurts
in reply to: Anonymous

If you would use "properties - Drawing" then you would have at least the drawing number instead of the part number.

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report