Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW filesize Mistery..

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
pompeo79
503 Views, 9 Replies

IDW filesize Mistery..

Hi to all,

i have a idw with nothing inside ( i have removed every view...every drawing resource.. sheet format...style standards unnecessaries...purged...

the filesize is still high : 59 Mb !!

Moreover...when compressed (rar or zip), it 's reduces to 520 kb !!

Can someone discover and solve this mistery?

Thank you!

Here the idw (created with inv2013) and zipped:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63644155/WTF001.zip

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: pompeo79

Try doing a file save as copy>template.  See if the new file is a smaller size.

I am thinking that something got trapped in the memory of this template file.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
pompeo79

Hi Cadmanto..neither in that way..  😞

i  agree..something is in the file...i would like to know what...and how to clean it.

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

If that didn't clear it, then what I would try is call up the default out of the box template of comparible size, do a file save as>copy of it, call up the newly saved file then delete all of the borders and titleblocks from it.  Call up the one you are having issues with and copy those titleblocks and borders and paste them into the new tempalte file.

TB.JPG

This should get rid of what ever is embedded in the background.  This making your files size smaller.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
pompeo79
in reply to: Cadmanto

Sorry... i have don't understand...  O_o

thanks for support!

Message 6 of 10
mrattray

He's suggesting that you recreate the drawing by starting a new one and copying over all of your views, titleblocks, etc. into the new drawing file.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 10
pompeo79
in reply to: mrattray

Ok, undesrtand.

I was just curious to solve that and undesrtand what was and how to clear it. But it looks like with no solution.

Only copy past in an clean idw.

Message 8 of 10
Cadmanto

Yes, a clean file is your best bet, but I would also suggest not only an .idw but make sure this is done to your template file.  That way this clean file will carry through all newly created drawing files.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

as long as its not your template file then just say who cares, hit delete, and move on.. Smiley Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 10
pompeo79

thanks to all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report