Contributor
phivert
Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)
Accepted Solution

Idw files and xls insertion

142 Views, 3 Replies
02-20-2014 06:23 AM

Hello

When I insert an xls file in a drawing (idw or dwg), I do not see all the contents of the xls file.
I have the same problem with copy paste excel spreadsheet control.
The problem is the same on different. I think there is a size limit for OLE objects in Inventor .
Someone he already encounter this problem?

thanks

Is your excel file you are inserting an .xls or an .xlsx file?  The software will only allow you to insert an .xls file.

Is this spread sheet you are inserting one that cannot be created using a general table?

Using a general table would be the cleanest way to do this if possible.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

as in that post I linked to.. "paste special" works much better than insert object in Inventor..

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Idw files and xls insertion

02-20-2014 08:04 AM in reply to: phivert

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Missing-rows-from-inserted-Excel-object/td-p/3499014

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 3 of 4 (118 Views)

02-20-2014 09:08 AM in reply to: phivert

Is your excel file you are inserting an .xls or an .xlsx file?  The software will only allow you to insert an .xls file.

Is this spread sheet you are inserting one that cannot be created using a general table?

Using a general table would be the cleanest way to do this if possible.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2014
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)

02-20-2014 09:36 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

as in that post I linked to.. "paste special" works much better than insert object in Inventor..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.