Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idw default line weights

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
NachitoMax
2045 Views, 12 Replies

Idw default line weights

Hi

Can anyone give a quick method of how to set the line weights in my idw to be thin? They seem to have changed to thick lines and it's a task to keep changing them through the layers etc

Thanks

Nogel

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pcrawley
in reply to: NachitoMax

Create an empty drawing.

Change all the layers to the desired lineweight.

On the "I" menu in the top-left corner of Inventor, select the Save fly-out menu.

Save as Template

Close and don't save your drawing (because you just saved it as a template)

Create a new drawing and this time, use your new template.

Peter
Message 3 of 13
CCarreiras

Hi!

You have to configure your line style, and then save the file as a template.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 13
mrattray

Actually, this is controlled through the styles library, here:

Capture.JPG

Once you have all of your lineweights configured how you would like, then you can click the "Save" command next to the "Styles Editor":

(Note: it's grayed out on mine because my project is set to read-only, if it's gray on yours I can show you how to enable it)

Capture.JPG

In the dialog that pops up, click yes to all and then OK. This will copy all of your changes to the style library. Now you can open up your template and click "Update", "Yes to All", and then OK to update the template hen save it so that all new drawing will have the correct data. You can then use the same procedure to update any drawings you've already started.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 13
Admir_Mujanovic
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray

Where is the file that contains this data saved? I am assuming in design data, but can't find it. I want to send it out to the rest of the team. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 6 of 13

@Admir_Mujanovic

It should be the layers.xml file located in your designated design data.  However you're talking about global styles here..  Meaning the next time you upgrade to Inventor you'll need to migrate this file..  You could just leave it a local style in your drawing template as well.   But its your choice..  Smiley LOL

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 13

@Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the reply! 

I keep design data in the vault and when I make updates to anything I tell the team to just get the folder. I wish there was a way to push updates to everyone on login. 

Message 8 of 13
n.hall
in reply to: Admir_Mujanovic

@Admir_Mujanovic

I have written a stand-alone program that downloads files from specified Vault folders

We run it as part of a login script

What version of Vault are you using? My program is version-dependent & I don't have versions that work with every version of Vault.

Nick

Message 9 of 13
Admir_Mujanovic
in reply to: n.hall

We are running Vault Pro 2018 and Inventor 2018 as well, hope it works with these. I would save me making sure everyone is up to date. 

Message 10 of 13

@Mark.Lancaster

A little further on your point above. 

Making it a local style (on the drawing template) will only work with new drawings. If you make it a global setting (design data) and you are mid-project then you can update existing drawings. I think having them both match is the ideal way of going about this. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the help!

Message 11 of 13
mrattray

I also Vault our design data.  I "push" updates using a windows task scheduler task that runs Vault workspace sync overnight every night. 

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 13
Admir_Mujanovic
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray

Thanks for the suggestions, do you mind posting how you set up the task scheduler?

Thanks,  

Message 13 of 13
mrattray

Search for and run "task scheduler"

Create a new taskCreate a new taskSet when you'd like the task to runSet when you'd like the task to runTell it what you want to doTell it what you want to doYou probably want these settingsYou probably want these settings

Here's the full path for my workspace sync: (include the quotes) "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Professional 2018\Explorer\Connectivity.WorkspaceSync.exe"

I use these arguments: -NAPP02\MPI-ENG-1 -VUmrattray -VP[redacted] -S"C:\Local Working Folder\Templates\WorkSpaceSync.xml" -F"C:\Temp\workspace sync.csv"

The first is the name and location of your vault. Replace NAPP02 with your server name and MPI-ENG-1 with your vault name. Second is your vault user name prefixed with -VU. Follow that with your vault password prefixed with -VP. Next is the location for your workspace sync settings file followed with an optional location for a log file. 

I'm assuming you're already familiar with using vault workspace sync. If not, there's good info in the knowledge base on how to set it up.

If you'd like I can also post up here the xml files for the saved windows task and my workspace sync settings.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report