Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW Custom Border with Zones that update with Sheet Size

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
grant
679 Views, 5 Replies

IDW Custom Border with Zones that update with Sheet Size

Hi Everyone

Is it possible to set up a custom boarder for the IDW that will contain zones that automatically update according to the sheet size? like the default boarder? So will input more zones as the page gets bigger.

Im wanting to create a custom "Zone Boarder" this boarder needs to contain a text box with non disclosure agreement in it. i need this Zone border to update with the sheet size by adding in more zones. Can someone help me do this? im really needing to get them to update, or if some can show me how to add the text box to the default border (which has zones and that updates correctly, but cannot be eddited).

We needing this done realitively soon.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ADSKDJW4
in reply to: grant

Hello grant,

From what you described there is not an "out of box" tool other than creating one from scratch with this automation to occur. It might be possible to do this from ILogic and have is saved out to the template file, but more a thought. There isn't anything I could suggest but consider positng this in the Customization Forum, link is below.

Inventor customization

Best Regards,

Don Warner

Message 3 of 6
MechMachineMan

Can't you just use a sketched symbol with a prompted entry for the textbox?

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 4 of 6
grant
in reply to: MechMachineMan

Ya we could but then would need them to place it each time in the lower left, Do you know if i can set an iLogic rule to always place it on the lower left???

Message 5 of 6
grant

Ok So we have decided to set up four different borders per the 4 sheet sizes we use.

I now need an iLogic rule that will change the boarder accourding to the sheet size that is set, i caan get the rule that will change the sheet but how do i get it to automatically update when the sheet size is changed?

I will create another thread asking for iLogic help.

I also need to create a rule that will position a sketch symbol when the sheet sizes change. Is this Possible?

Message 6 of 6
ADSKDJW4

Hello grant,

The best thing would be to post that question in the Inventor customization forum to see if someone there could assist with the ILogic part of things there.

Inventor customization

Best Regards,

Don Warner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report