Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)
Accepted Solution

idiot moment (BOM)

180 Views, 2 Replies
08-22-2013 08:10 AM

I have oodles of drawings where I'm showing all levels of the BOM.  Yesterday, I stumbled across an option to hide the assemblies, to only show parts.  I think it was a drop down choice.

I just can't seem to find it today.  Does anyone know where that setting is?

Thanks in advance.

When initially placing the parts list, there is a dropdown menu for "BOM View."  I believe what you are looking for is the "Parts Only" option from this menu.

The likely reason you're not finding it is that you can't change it after the fact.  You only see this option when initially creating the parts list.

*Expert Elite*
jtylerbc
Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: idiot moment (BOM)

08-22-2013 11:25 AM in reply to: eveylynne

When initially placing the parts list, there is a dropdown menu for "BOM View."  I believe what you are looking for is the "Parts Only" option from this menu.

The likely reason you're not finding it is that you can't change it after the fact.  You only see this option when initially creating the parts list.

John Tyler
Inventor 2015
Windows 7 64 Bit
Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 3 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: idiot moment (BOM)

08-22-2013 12:01 PM in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks, that's what I needed!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.