Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICONS

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
harry.stout
430 Views, 9 Replies

ICONS

Why are the icons for files (iam, ipt,) different on a teachers machine from a students machine?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: harry.stout

Student edition or version versus regular full blown version?

What do the icons look like?  Can you post an image?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
harry.stout
in reply to: Cadmanto

please dont think I'm crazy but I have run ragged on this. We have 7 technology teachers and I have checked a student machine in each of their classes. One teacher has student machines that show the same icons as the teacher, Studio works on that student machine. In the other 6 teachers rooms the student machine icons and the teacher icons differ. I have attached a screen shot showing the difference in icons.

Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

that looks like a bad installation on those machines

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
blair

Looks like the file extensions didn't register with the software. Possibly something happened during the install procedure.

Possibly insufficient user privileges were used during the install, or the UAC wasn't set to the lowest setting or anti-virus software disrupted the registration/install procedure.

Check that "Studio" is set to load automatically at start-up within the Inventor Add-In.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

I don't think your crazy.  Smiley Happy

What I would do is on these machines, open up a session of inventor and under the help (question mark)

go to the "About Inventor" selection and make sure each of these installs are the same.

help.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 10
harry.stout

I have attached a screen shot from both mine and a studnet machine, they are the same

Message 8 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Student edition or version versus regular full blown version?

Just thought I would point out - student version is full blown version.

There is no difference in functionality between commercial, student, educational institution "versions" - only the license terms of use are different.

I suspect this one us due to UAC or anti-virus not disabled during install or a Windows Permissions setting during install.

For the OP - it is considered poor practice to attach *.doc files, easier for everyone if you simply attach the image files here directly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

i would try a repair installation then a reinstall if these don't work a complete uninstall and reinstall is in order

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Cadmanto

JD,

I suggested the student version idea because in Solidworks they offer that as well as an SDK version.

In both cases they are lesser versions and don't offer the same functionality.  I just thoght that might

be the case here as well, but I guess not.

Based on everything that has been said then I would agree at this point doing a clean uninstall

and then reinstalling would be in order.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report