Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly - use features from iPart to drive part inclusion?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dberman
232 Views, 2 Replies

iAssembly - use features from iPart to drive part inclusion?

Hi, I have an iPart with close to 200 variations, which are all just round parts with holes.  There are between 5-10 holes per part, and the iPart table drives the hole locations and inclusion as needed.  Now I'd like to make an iAssembly that adds screws and washers as needed.  So I started an iAssy, added my iPart, and am able to jump between the 200 variations properly.  I added the screws/washers on a version that had the full amount of holes.

What I need is a way to tell the iAssy that if there are only 5 holes, I only need 5 screws.  All the holes in the iPart have their own feature (Hole1, Hole2, etc) so if I could just read the include/suppress data for each feature I could use Excel to drive screw/washer inclusion.  But when I edit my iAssy table, and click on my iPart, the only parameters I'm shown is Include, Grounding, Adaptive, and Table Replace.  Is there a way to access the iPart features through the iAssy table?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dberman
in reply to: dberman

Here's a really basic representation of the issue I'm running into (attached files).  When you click on Assembly 1-12, 3 of the constraints are broken, and 3 screws are unnecessary because those holes are suppressed.  I'd like to automatically suppress the screws that correspond to the non-existant holes.

Message 3 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: dberman

Hi!

You can do this with iLogic code, but using this way, your Main assembly can't be a iAssembly, must be also a iLogic assembly and you must config your variants also with iLogic code.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report